|Lauren Drain Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 31, 1985|
Lauren Drain is an American fitness model, personal trainer, nurse, and author who wrote the 2013 New York Times‘ bestseller book ‘Banished’. In the past, she was a member of the Westboro Baptist Church. Lauren’s life changed after her family banished her in 2008 from her home for talking to a young man online. She worked as a certified nurse for 9 years. Three years into her nursing career, Lauren started feeling exhaustion which triggered her motivation to remain fit. She was titled the hottest nurse in the world in 2017. Lauren Drain has a huge social media fan base with more than 4 million followers on Instagram, more than 40k followers on Twitter, and more than 2 million followers on Facebook.
Lauren Danielle Drain
Tampa, Florida, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Lauren completed her schooling from Topeka West High School in Topeka, Kansas. As she graduated with excellence, she won a Wiseman scholarship to Washburn University and graduated from there in 2007 with a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing.
Fitness Model, Personal Trainer, Nurse, Author
- Father – Steve Drain (Member of the WBC and Producer)
- Mother – Lucy Drain
- Siblings – Taylor Drain (Sister), Boaz Abel Drain (Brother), Faith Marie Drain (Sister)
She is completely independent and self-manages herself.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lauren Drain has dated –
- David Kagan (2010-Present) – Instagram model David Kagan and Lauran met in November 2010 and just after a year, they got engaged. In August 2013, they finally tied the knot. David’s family has been very supportive of their wedded daughter-in-law. However, Lauren’s family ignored her even on the day of her wedding.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’.
- Madonna lip piercing
- Ripped body
Lauren has used her social media presence to endorse brands like –
- Sweet Sweat
- Vanity Planet
- Actiweight Labs
Lauren was raised by a Christian family.
Best Known For
- Her New York Times‘ bestselling book, Banished: Surviving My Years in the Westboro Baptist Church
- Her claim to fame on social media for stunningly fit body and workout routines
Lauren has not made an appearance in any theatrical film yet.
First TV Show
Lauren Drain made her first TV show appearance as herself in March 2013 on Piers Morgan Tonight.
Lauren is self-dependent when it comes to keeping herself physically fit. She believes that fitness is a necessity as it keeps the mind afresh and helps gain an upper hand in daily activities.
As a part of her cardio workout, Lauren prefers to go with kickboxing as it helps increase blood circulation and build up core body heat so that she can sweat more. In order to workout her core, she prefers to do ‘cable crunches’ and heavy weighted ‘woodchops’. According to her, there are 3 factors that contribute to her physical fitness – physical exercises, proper nutrition, and sufficient rest.
Lauren Drain Favorite Things
- Cardio Workout – Kickboxing
- Core Workout – Cable crunches, Woodchops
Lauren Drain Facts
- She was forced to become a part of the Westboro Baptist Church by her father and mother at the age of 15.
- She was a part of a church that is known for its rebellious hate speeches.
- Lauren’s 2013 book “Banished”, became a New York Times Bestseller in the same year it was released.
- Her father Steve was a producer who wanted to film a documentary upon the fascinating story behind WBC, but his fascination with the beliefs and teachings of the church soon turned into an obsession that forced Lauren’s family and her to become a part of the congregation.
- At the age of 21, Lauren was evicted by the WBC members after her family caught her chatting with a teenager online and told the church.
- In 2008, Lauren was disowned by her family and everyone else who she had ever come across at that time.
- Lauren was physically abused and blamed for infuriating her father’s anger.
- For 9 years, Lauren worked as a registered nurse before she paved a career into full-time personal training and fitness modeling.
- In 2013, she aided the NOH8 Campaign to promote same-sex marriage, gender equality, educational rights, and advocacy with social media and visual protests.
- Lauren showcases her fitness routines and workouts through her social media accounts.
- Lauren has gained a famed reputation as a fitness model across the world.
- Visit her official website @ laurendrain.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Lauren Drain / Instagram