|Lavanya Tripathi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||December 15, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Lavanya Tripathi is a well distinguished Indian actress, model, and dancer who is best known for her appearances in the Telugu film industry. A few of her most notable roles are as Midhuna in Andala Rakshasi (2012), Nandana in Bhale Bhale Magadivoy (2015), Seeta in Soggade Chinni Nayana (2016), and Meghana in Vunnadhi Okate Zindagi (2017). Besides film, she has also appeared in several popular Hindi TV shows such as CID (2007-2010), Pyaar Ka Bandhan (2009-2010), and Ssshhhh…Koi Hai (2006-2009). She is also a highly perceived model who won the 2006 Miss Uttarakhand beauty pageant. With time, Lavanya has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 3 million followers on Facebook, more than 2 million followers on Instagram, and more than 1 million followers on Twitter.
Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh, India
Lavanya studied at Marshall School, Dehradun. Later, she graduated with a degree in Economics from Rishi Dayaram National College.
Actress, Model, Dancer
- Father – He is a lawyer.
- Mother – She is a retired teacher.
- Siblings – Shivani Tripathi (Older Sister) (Assistant Commissioner State Tax). She also has an older brother.
Lavanya is represented by Supriya, Mahendra, and Seetharam.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lavanya has dated –
- Naveen Chandra (2016) – Actor Naveen was rumored to be dating Lavanya in 2016. The two had met one another on the set of Lacchimdeviki O Lekkundi which was released that year. However, neither of the two have come forth to denounce or confirm the type of relationship they share with each other.
- Varun Tej – Lavanya and her co-star Varun Tej from Mister (2017) were speculated to have been dating one another for a while sometime in the past. Nevertheless, the two appear to just be friends.
Race / Ethnicity
- Thick eyebrows
- Almond eye shape
- Plush lips
Lavanya has done endorsement work for several brands such as –
- Fair & Lovely
- Binani Cement Limited
- Tripura Hair Oil
- Kamakshi Silks
Best Known For
- Being cast as Midhuna in Andala Rakshasi (2012), Nandana in Bhale Bhale Magadivoy (2015), Seeta in Soggade Chinni Nayana (2016), and Meghana in Vunnadhi Okate Zindagi (2017)
- Starring in several shows such as CID (2007-2010), Pyaar Ka Bandhan (2009-2010), and Ssshhhh…Koi Hai (2006-2009)
- Being featured in many magazines like Ritz and Red
- Getting nominated for several highly regarded awards such as a Filmfare Awards South and a South Indian International Movie Award in 2017
- Being crowned as Miss Uttrakhand in 2006
Lavanya made her debut Telugu theatrical film appearance as Midhuna in Andala Rakshasi in 2012.
She made her first Tamil theatrical film appearance as Gayathri in Bramman in 2014.
First TV Show
Lavanya made her debut TV show appearance in Ssshhhh…Koi Hai in 2006.
As of 2018, Lavanya was training under the careful guidance of ACSM, CSCS, TRX, and IKFF trainer Kuldep Singh at the 360° Fitness center.
She does go to the gym at least 5 times a week mostly focusing on weight and cardio-intensive exercises in order to maintain her lean and fairly toned physique. She performs several exercises including tire jumps, leg raises, and kettlebell workouts.
Lavanya does not follow any kind of diet routine and enjoys eating to her heart’s content. She also relishes junk food such as momos, dim sums, and samosas. However, she prefers to eat it in moderation and mostly prefers to eat a healthy meal before going to bed at night.
To start off with, Lavanya almost always carries a hand sanitizer in her handbag to kill off the germs on her hands throughout the day. She also has a BB cream that she uses while filming and even before interviews or auditions as she does not care for doing much makeup. Besides that, Lavanya uses the Fotoprotector ISDIN sunscreen and a brow pencil by Smack.
She uses a lip color from NYX and a foundation from Hydraderm. She also prefers to take vitamin C tablets on a daily basis to replenish the glow in her skin.
Lavanya advises people to use baking soda and lemon to get an instant shine and tomatoes to remove her tan.
In order to take care of her hair, she uses mustard oil or Multani mitti. On the other hand, she also uses a banana pack and egg base applications.
Lavanya Tripathi Favorite Things
- Food – Dal, Rice, and Green Chutney
Source – YouTube
In September 2017, a complaint was lodged against Lavanya at the “South Indian Film Chamber of Commerce” by director Chandramouli. According to sources, Lavanya had excitedly signed to projects at once, but later, decided to quit his film after the pre-production of the Tamil version of 100% Love had been complete.
This had caused a delay in the further shooting of Chandramouli’s film. The shooting was to begin in September but as a result of her rather unclear resignation from the film, everything was delayed to October, said a reliable source.
Lavanya Tripathi Facts
- She was raised in Dehradun, Uttrakhand.
- Lavanya’s father works as a lawyer at the high court and the civil court, whereas, her mother is a retired teacher.
- She wanted to be an actress ever since her teenage years. However, her parents disapproved of the idea at the time and asked her to focus on her education.
- When she was in class 5, she told her batchmates that she was 12 years old as she wanted to seem much more mature than the others.
- In school, Lavanya tried cheating once during her exams. However, she did not get the chance even though she had the chits with her.
- A scrumptious meal makes Lavanya happy.
- She enjoys acting alongside popular actor Sai Dharam Tej as she finds him to be the best co-star.
- She prefers not to watch romantic movies in order to avoid triggering the emotional side in her.
- A close friend of Lavanya advised her to audition for the role of Midhuna in Andala Rakshasi (2012). She heeded her friend’s advice and got the part.
- Lavanya enjoys traveling to exotic destinations and going on adventures.
- The most romantic thing that a man can do for her is remembering and talking about special things from the past. Her idea of going on a date includes a lovely long drive before spending time at the beach as she is very fond of being at the beach.
- In 2006, she won the Miss Uttarakhand beauty pageant.
- She appeared in a commercial for the Traffic Police Department of Telangana in the past. It is said that Lavanya did the ad for free.
- The most eligible bachelor in Tollywood for Lavanya is actor Rana Daggubati.
- If she were to kill, date, or marry an actor she would kill Nani, date Ram Pothineni, and marry Varun Tej.
- 3 qualities that she likes in a man are intelligence, caring, and loyalty.
- Lavanya describes herself as a classy, polite, sarcastic, and naughty person.
- She can turn her thumb back to quite an extent.
- Lavanya watches a movie only once.
- She enjoyed watching the English film World War Z (2013) and also appreciates other zombie movies as well.
- Lavanya is a professionally trained Bharatnatyam dancer.
- Her worst habit is touching her eyelashes. She developed this habit when she was in grade 8.
- In the past, she wanted to be a fashion designer.
- Lavanya wears a pair of lenses.
- A word that she uses very often is “Aur Batao” (In English Tell Me Something More).
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image By Lavanya Tripathi / Instagram