|Lee Gi-kwang Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 30, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Lee Gi-kwang is a South Korean singer-songwriter and actor. He is best known for being a member of the popular South Korean boy band, Highlight, formerly known as Beast. Some of his solo singles include Dancing Shoes, Wipe the tears, and What You Like. He has a strong social media fan base with over 2 million followers on Instagram and more than 1.8 million followers on Twitter.
Gikwang, Kikwang, AJ, Next Rain
Gwangju, South Korea
Gikwang attended Dongshin University.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor
- Siblings – Lee Hyekwang (Younger Brother)
Gikwang is represented by Around Us Entertainment.
K-Pop, Dance, Hip Hop
Around Us Entertainment, Cube Entertainment, Universal Music
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lee Gi-kwang has not dated anyone publicly yet.
He has, however, revealed his ideal type of woman to be someone who is pretty and is a fun person to talk to.
Race / Ethnicity
He has South Korean roots.
He prefers to dye his hair ‘light brown’, ‘blonde’ or ‘red’.
Gikwang has done endorsement work for The Shilla Duty-Free.
Best Known For
Being a member of the popular South Korean boy band, Highlight, formerly known as Beast
Gikwang released his first studio album, Fiction and Fact, in 2011 as a member of Highlight, formerly known as Beast. The album peaked at number 1 spot on the Korean music charts.
Gikwang made his theatrical film debut as a voice actor by voicing the character of Ricky in the animated film, A Turtle’s Tale 2: Sammy’s Escape from Paradise, in 2012.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance in the reality show, Diary of AJ, in 2009.
Lee Gi-kwang Facts
- Gikwang developed an interest in hip hop at an early age and received complete support of his family to pursue a musical career.
- After passing an audition for JYP Entertainment, he remained a trainee under the agency for almost 4 years before being eliminated.
- After parting with the JYP Entertainment, he was approached by Cube Entertainment’s former president to join the agency without even auditioning and, thus, he became the company’s first trainee.
- He debuted as a solo artist on April 2, 2009, under the stage name of AJ or Ace Junior.
- Six months after debuting as a solo artist, he was chosen to debut with the boy group Beast, later known as Highlight.
- Gikwang had poor eyesight and used to wear spectacles until he got laser vision correction.
- While he was performing as a solo artist, he drew comparisons to South Korean singer-songwriter, actor, and music producer, Jung Ji-hoon, better known by his stage name Rain.
- Gikwang is allergic to seafood. He also keeps himself away from smoking and drinking and is the member who keeps the best care of his health.
- He received the I-MAGAZINE Fashion Face Award in 2016 and 2017.
Featured Image by LG전자 / Flickr / CC BY 2.0