|Lee Young-ae Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 31, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Lee Young-ae is a South Korean actress and model who is well-known for her work in Dae Jang Geum (2003) and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance (2005).
Oksu-dong, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Young-ae graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in German Language and Literature from Hanyang University.
She then went on to receive a Master of Arts in Theater and Film from Chung Ang University.
- Father – Lee Chung Seok
- Mother – Yoon Taehwi
- Siblings – Lee Boo-shin (Brother), Lee Woo-shin (Brother)
Young-ae is represented by Storm S Company and Good People Entertainment.
Lee Young-ae’s net worth was $40 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Young-ae has dated –
- Jeong Ho-young (2009-Present) – Young-ae got married to Korean-American businessman Jeong Ho-young in 2009. She has twins, a boy named Jeong Seung-kwon and a girl named Jeong Seung-bin who were born on February 20, 2011.
Race / Ethnicity
She has South Korean ancestry.
- Thin lips
- Pale white skin tone
Lee Young-ae has appeared in commercials for several brands such as Happycall USA CookWare and My Kind Korea.
Lee Young-ae Favorite Things
- Color – Pink, Brown
- Cuisine – Chinese
Lee Young-ae Facts
- She is close friends with singer-songwriter Jeong Ji-hoon.
- Young-ae received a Medal of Culture Merit for her contribution to the Korean Wave from the government of South Korea.
- She is the first South Korean actress to be chosen as a jury member of the Berlin international film festival.
- In her free time, she loves to swim.
- She is prominently known for her philanthropy, some of which include her traveling to Ethiopia as an NGO Goodwill Ambassador in 1997 and then to the Thar Desert in 1999 to make a documentary on India’s lowest social caste.
- In 2004, Young-ae was appointed as a goodwill ambassador in 2004 by UNICEF.
- Lee Young-ae got her big break in the entertainment industry as Lee Geum-ja in Lady Vengeance in 2005, which led to her receiving “Best Actress” awards at the 38th Sitges Film Festival, 26th Blue Dragon Film Awards, and 42nd Baeksang Arts Awards.
- A Chinese school was re-named after her due to her philanthropy. She is also popularly known as Changumi in Sri Lanka and donated US$100,000, which led to the creation of the Sujatha Diyani Scholarship Fund in 2014.
- In January 2023, the Korea Foundation for Persons with Disabilities confirmed that Lee had donated almost 50 million won to victims who were evacuated after a massive fire broke out in Guryong Village.
Featured Image By Lee Young-ae / Instagram