|Leena Nair Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 11, 1969|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Leena Nair is an Indian businesswoman who rose to fame after being appointed as the chief executive officer of Chanel in 2021.
Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India
The United Kingdom
She attended Holy Cross Convent High School in Kolhapur. Later, Leena enrolled at The New College Kolhapur.
From 1986 to 1990, Leena pursued a Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering from Walchand College of Engineering, Sangli.
In 1990, Leena enrolled at XLRI- Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur from where she graduated with a Master of Business Administration in Human Resources in 1992.
Chief Executive Officer of Chanel
- Father – K. Karthikeyan
- Others – Vijay Menon (Cousin) (Industrialist) Sachin Menon (Cousin) (Industrialist)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Leena has dated –
- Kumar Nair – Leena is married to the owner of a financial services company Kumar Nair with whom she has 2 children named Aryan (b. 2007) and Sidhanth (b. 2011).
Race / Ethnicity
- Thin eyebrows
- Almond-shaped eyes
Leena Nair Facts
- Originally, Leena is from Kolhapur, Maharashtra.
- She was a gold medalist upon graduating from XLRI – Xavier School of Management.
- Leena has worked in factories in various states and cities including Kolkata, Ambattur, Tamil Nadu, and Taloja, Maharashtra.
- In her free time, Nair enjoys reading, going on runs, and Bollywood dancing.
- She started working at Unilever in January 1992, as a management trainee and was later promoted to general manager HR Hindustan Lever IND in 2006. In March 2016, Leena she promoted to the post of chief human resources officer & member of the Unilever leadership executive.
- She was recognized by Queen Elizabeth II as one of the accomplished Indian Business Leaders in the United Kingdom in 2017.
- From 2018 to 2020, she was voted LinkedIn Top Voice.
- In December 2021, Leena was appointed as the chief executive officer for Chanel, making her the first female and youngest CEO to head the company.
- Over the years, Leena has won various accolades Role Model of Year, The Great British Businesswoman’s Awards (2021), and Fortune India’s Most Powerful Women’s List (2021).
Featured Image By Shinykatie / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0