|Lena Katina Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3¾ in|
|Date of Birth||October 4, 1984|
Lena Katina is a Russian singer-songwriter who is best known for having served as one of the two members of the band t.A.T.u. Lena joined the band at the age of 14 and left it in 2011. She released her first solo studio album This Is Who I Am in 2014 and her first single Never Forget in 2011. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 300k followers on Instagram and over 200k followers on Twitter. She also has a self-titled YouTube channel where she has more than 200k subscribers.
Elena Sergeevna Katina
Moscow, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
Los Angeles, California, United States
Lena started going to school at the age of 7. After a year, she started taking piano classes at a music school.
Later, she graduated from the Moscow State University.
- Father – Sergey Katin (Musician)
- Mother – Inessa Katina
- Siblings – Ekaterina Katina (Younger Sister)
- Others – Katya (Paternal Half-Sister), Ivan (Maternal Half-Brother), Vasili Katin (Paternal Grandfather), Asya Nikitichna (Paternal Grandmother), Vsevolod (Maternal Grandfather)
She is managed by Olga Rudenko.
Pop, Rock, Electronica
Katina Music Inc., Maqueta Records, T.A. Music, Such Much Productions
5 ft 3¾ in or 162 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lena has dated –
- Sash Kuzma (2010-Present) – Lena first met the Slovenian musician, Sash Kuzma, in 2003 through some mutual friends. During their first meeting, she offended him as she didn’t know who he was at that time. Eventually, they started dating after their few meetings and became inseparable. After dating for around 7 years, Sash proposed to her on their 2nd relationship anniversary. The couple got married in August 2013, in Moscow and Ljubljana. They parent a son named Aleksandr (b. May 22, 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
Lena is of Russian descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She prefers to dye her hair in different colors such as Auburn, blonde and many more.
There were rumors of her being a bisexual in the past.
She was a follower of Russian Orthodox Church.
Best Known For
Having served as a member of Russian music duo t.A.T.u.
As a solo artist, she released her first studio album This Is Who I Am on November 18, 2014.
Lena’s debut album with her band t.A.T.u. was 200 Po Vstrechnoy (in Russian), which was released in 2001.
Lena made her theatrical film debut in a drama movie, You and I, which was released in 2011 in Russia.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance in the musical series TRL Italy in 2001.
Lena Katina Facts
- Lena has a pet dog named Blankeria.
- She is fluent in Russian and English.
- Lena used to be a member of children singing groups named Neposedi (1997-1998) and Avenue (1994-1997).
- Her former fellow t.A.T.u. singer Yuliya Volkova was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2012. Somehow, Lena found out about that a year later and supported Yuliya in her cancer fight.
- In a 2006 TeleHit interview, she revealed that when she was younger, she used to listen to popular artists such as Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, and Pink Floyd.
- Lena took part in the gay pride in Moscow in 2007.
- In 2003, she was ranked no. 10 in Maxim’s Hot 100 Women list.
- Katina released her first single Never Forget in 2011.
- She became a member of band t.A.T.u. at the age of 14.
- In 2011, Lena officially left the band t.A.T.u. to pursue a solo career in singing.
- She won the MTV Russia Video Of The Year award in 2011 for her single Never Forget.
- In July 2017, she released her first Spanish album Esta Soy Yo for her South American fans.
- On March 3, 2018, Lena released the Russian ballad song “Posle Nas” (After Us) with her former bandmate Julia Volkova to revive the memories of being a part of t.A.T.u.
- In September 2012, Katina and her band participated in the international festival Queerfest to support LGBT-community.
- Visit her official website @ lenakatina.com.
- Follow Lena on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, iTunes, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Lena Katina / Instagram