|Lepa Brena Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||October 20, 1960|
Lepa Brena is a Serbian singer, actress, and talent manager who is widely recognized as the best-selling female recording artist from the former Yugoslavia. She has released more than 15 studio albums, sold more than 40 million records, acted in several films and TV series, and was one of the last pop icons who emerged just before the eventual dissolution of Yugoslavia.
Tuzla, Tuzla Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Singer, Actress, Talent Manager
- Father – Abid Jahić (d. October 2010)
- Mother – Ifeta Jahić (née Smajlović) (d. November 2014)
- Siblings – Faketa Jahić (Older Sister), Faruk Jahić (Older Brother)
- Others – Čeda Živojinović (Brother-in-Law), Aleksandra Prijović (Singer) (Step Daughter-in-Law)
Pop Folk, Turbo-Folk, Pop, Dance, Sevdalinka
- Grand Production
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lepa has dated –
- Slobodan Živojinović (1991–Present) – Lepa had married Serbian tennis star Slobodan Živojinović in a lavish ceremony on December 7, 1991, at Belgrade’s Intercontinental Hotel. They had co-founded and co-owned a record label and production company called Grand Production, which was the then-largest such organization in the Balkan region. In 2019, they had sold the firm for €30 million. They have 2 sons together named Stefan Živojinović (b. May 21, 1992) and Viktor Živojinović (b. March 30, 1998). In November 2000, Stefan was kidnapped by members of the Zemun clan, a Serbian mafia group. He was released, having been held for 5 days, after a ransom of 2500k Deutsche Marks was paid. Lepa has a stepson named Filip Živojinović from Slobodan’s previous relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Bosniak descent.
- Petite frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Tanned body
Lepa Brena Facts
- When the Bosnian War, a part of the events that led to the dissolution of erstwhile Yugoslavia, had started in 1992, Lepa’s older sister Faketa had emigrated to Canada, while Lepa continued to stay in Belgrade where she moved to, in 1980.
- Lepa had stated in an interview that the only instance when she suffered from stage fright was the very first time that she had performed in front of an audience. She was then in the 5th grade and had performed a song at a local festival. She then started performing regularly at dance parties in Brčko, Bosnia and Herzegovina, where she had grown up.
- Her stage surname, Brena, was given by her basketball coach, while her stage name, Lepa, which means ‘beautiful’, was given to her by Minimax, a Serbian radio and TV host.
- In November 1992, she was involved in a serious skiing accident where she broke her leg. The fractures had required nearly 6 months to heal.
- In July 2012, she was diagnosed with venous thrombosis after which she was forced to cancel nearly 3 months of concerts and appointments even though she had been hospitalized for just 3 days. Exactly 2 years later, in July 2014, she had fallen down the stairs at a Croatian resort and broken both arms which had required a month-long recovery.
- During the 1999 NATO bombing of Yugoslavia, Lepa and her family had lived in a home in Coconut Creek, Florida.
Featured Image by Lepa Brena / Instagram