|Dakota Fanning Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 23, 1994|
Dakota Fanning is an American actress, voice artist, singer, model, and producer who has been cast in several movies like The Twilight Saga, I Am Sam, The Secret Life of Bees, Uptown Girls, Dreamer, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, The Nightingale, Charlotte’s Web, War of the Worlds, Man on Fire, Ocean’s 8, and Viena and the Fantomes. Moreover, some of Dakota Fanning’s television roles include playing Sara Howard in the TNT period drama The Alienist, Miranda Worth in the animated web series Gen:Lock, Allie Keys in the sci-fi miniseries Taken, and Emily in the Fox family sitcom Malcolm in the Middle.
Hannah Dakota Fanning
Kodie, Kota, D. F. Blondie, Blue Eyes
Conyers, Georgia, United States
Dakota Fanning attended and graduated from Campbell High School located in North Hollywood, California. Fanning also went to the Gallatin School of Individualized Study. Dakota is currently attending New York University.
Actress, Model, Singer, Voice Artist, Producer
- Father – Steven J. Fanning (Played minor league baseball, Worked as an electronics salesman in Los Angeles, California)
- Mother – Heather Joy (née Arrington) (Professional Tennis Player)
- Siblings – Elle Fanning (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – William E. “Bill” Fanning (Paternal Grandfather), Katharina Kramb (Paternal Grandmother), Richard Cameron “Rick” Arrington (Maternal Grandfather) (Football Quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles of the NFL), Mary Jane Odum (Maternal Grandmother), Tiffany “Jill” Arrington (Maternal Aunt) (ESPN Reporter, TV Host)
Dakota Fanning has been signed with –
- Echo Lake Productions, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Slate PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Osbrink Talent Agency
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
- William Morris Endeavor (WME)
Drama (Acting) and Adult Contemporary (Singing)
In 2020, her net worth was $12 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dakota Fanning has dated –
- Freddie Highmore (2009) – An emerging English actor, who got famous in small age, for his acting skills. But, it was a RUMOR.
- Cameron Bright (2009-2012) – She dated Canadian actor Cameron Bright from 2009 to 2012.
- Tyler James Williams – An American singer, actor, and rapper. The actor got fame for his role in Chris Rock-inspired sitcom Everybody Hates Chris. Again, this relationship was termed as a RUMOR.
- Jamie Strachan (2013-2016) – In May 2013, she began dating the British model Jamie Strachan. He is about 13 years her senior and about 10 inches taller. However, the duo called it quits in October 2016.
- Logan Markley (2016-2017) – Between November 2016 and May 2017, she was romantically involved with Logan Markley.
- Henry Frye (2017-Present) – In October 2017, she started dating Henry Frye.
Race / Ethnicity
Dakota Fanning has Irish, German, English, and French ancestry.
Dakota Fanning’s blonde hair and pale skin make her different from others. Her bubbly personality, full of enthusiasm adds up to these features.
32-25-34 in or 81-63.5-86 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
6 (US) or 36.5 (EU)
Dakota Fanning’s career started with endorsing for “Tide” commercial when she was just 5.
Best Known For
Dakota Fanning is best known for her promising acting skills in her breakthrough performance when she was just 7 in the film “I am Sam”. She was appraised for her roles in “Uptown Girls” and “War of the Worlds” too.
First TV Show
American medical drama television series created by novelist Michael Crichton, ER for her role as Delia Chadsey. She just appeared in a single episode titled “The Fastest Year” in 2000.
2001 short film from director Marie Rose, titled Father Xmas, for her role as Clairee. She starred in the film by performing the role of a 6-year-old child.
She was noted for her role in the film I am Sam (2001), an American drama film, written and directed by Jessie Nelson. She played the role of Lucy Diamond Dawson. It was her third film.
Dakota Fanning does dancing to stay fit. She attends dance classes in North Hollywood.
Dakota Fanning Favorite Things
- Favorite People – Cameron Diaz & Britney Spears (Fashion Idols)
- Favorite TV Shows – I Love Lucy Ho, Fear Factor, Skins, Bad Sex & Howard Stern Show
- Favorite Bands – Rihanna & Justin Bieber
- Favorite Books – Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling & Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
- Favorite Places – Mall, School & Taco Bell
- Favorite Food – Chicken & Taco
- Favorite Colors – Black, Blue & Pink
- Favorite Accessories – Eyeliners & Marc Jacobs rings
- Favorite Films – Gone with the Wild, Titanic & Steel Magnolias
Dakota Fanning Facts
- Dakota Fanning earned a nomination for her role in her breakthrough performance in the film “I am Sam” at Screen Actors Guild Awards, in 2002.
- She was just 8 years old when she earned a nomination in Screen Actors Guild Awards, youngest in the history.
- She learned to read when she was just 2 years old.
- She won the youngest Actress award for her performance in “I am Sam” at Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards.
- She was named Dakota by her father and Hannah by her mother. In the end, she got the name “Hannah Dakota Fanning”.
- She is one of the 14 grandchildren.
- She used to collect dolls when she was young.
- She was schooled at home and on sets by her tutor but later on, she joined High School in freshman year.
- Alongside the likes of Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Emile Hirsch, and Al Pacino, she co-starred as Lynette Alice “Squeaky” Fromme in 2019 comedy-drama film titled Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
- She visited England for the 1st time on June 19, 2005, with Tom Cruise, for the premiere of “War of the Worlds”
- She loves to knit and knitted scarfs for Tom Cruise, Robert De Niro, and many more.
- In 2021, she started a production company with sister Elle, named, Lewellen Pictures.