|Elle Fanning Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 9, 1998|
Elle Fanning is an American actress, voiceover artist, model, and producer who has gained popularity with her on-screen roles like Alice Dainard in Super 8, Debbie Jones in Babel, Daisy Fuller (Age 7) in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Ginger in Ginger & Rosa, Jamie in Daddy Day Care, Phoebe Lichten in Phoebe in Wonderland, Mary in The Nutcracker in 3D, Catherine the Great in The Great, Aurora in Maleficent, Mary Shelley in Mary Shelley, Molly in The Roads Not Taken, Julie Hamlin in 20th Century Women, and Nikola Trumbo in Trumbo.
Mary Elle Fanning
Conyers, Georgia, United States
Georgia, United States
Elle attended Campbell Hall School, North Hollywood, Los Angeles. Until the year 2007, she was homeschooled by her grandmother Mary Jane Arrington.
Model, Actress, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – Steven J. Fanning (Formerly a Minor League Baseball Player, later an electronics salesman)
- Mother – Heather Joy (née Arrington) (Pro Tennis Player)
- Siblings – Dakota Fanning (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Others – William E. “Bill” Fanning (Paternal Grandfather), Katharina Kramb (Paternal Grandmother), Richard Cameron “Rick” Arrington (Maternal Grandfather) (American Football Player), Mary Jane Odum (Maternal Grandmother), Jill Arrington (Aunt) (ESPN Reporter), Presley Kate Panaro (Cousin)
She has been signed with these agencies –
- Echo Lake Productions
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
- Slate PR
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Elle Fanning earlier said –
“In seventh grade, it was sort of a big deal to have a boyfriend. You’re not in elementary school anymore, and you feel a lot older. But you can’t do anything. Your mom has to drop you off! It’s sort of awkward. You are sitting here, and the parents are over there. I don’t know – not for me!”
Now, the situation has changed. Elle Fanning has dated –
- Dylan Beck (2014) – She dated Dylan Beck in the past.
- Zalman Band (2015) – In July 2015, she started dating actor Zalman Band. They were seen walking hand in hand going for a breakfast date. They are assumed to have split up later in the year.
- Max Minghella (2018-Present) – In August 2018, the media outlets reported that Elle was dating an English actor and screenwriter, Max Minghella. They have not revealed the relationship hence it is still a rumor.
Race / Ethnicity
Elle has German, English, Irish, French, and Channel Islander (Jersey and Guernsey) ancestry.
- Blonde Hair
- Long Legs
34-25-35 in or 87-63.5-89 cm
Elle has appeared in commercials for Target, Toyota, and Smuckers – all in 2003.
In 2011, she was also seen in Marc Jacobs ‘Marc’ fashion line print adverts.
Alongside her sister, she has been seen in J. Estina commercial.
Best Known For
Her starring roles in Phoebe in Wonderland (2008), Somewhere (2010), and We Bought a Zoo (2011)
2001 American drama film I Am Sam for her role as Younger Lucy (aged 2). Actually, she portrayed the role as a younger version of her sister, Dakota Fanning. Dakota’s name was Lucy Diamond Dawson in that film.
First TV Show
2002 science fiction miniseries TV show Taken who portrayed the role as Alicia Keys (aged 3).
Elle Fanning workouts in the form of dancing. Elle does ballet around six days a week for a couple of hours. She is called a dancing machine. She just dances her way to fitness. It is her hobby also and a nice way to stay fit. See her workout routine & diet plan.
Elle Fanning Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Fresh Salmon, Cookies, Vegemite Sandwich
- Favorite TV Programs – I Love Lucy (1951-1957), Fear Factor (2001), The Regis And Kelly Show (1988), The Looney Tunes Show (2010), Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (2006)
- Favorite Band – Taylor Swift, The Jonas Brothers, Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, The Like
- Favorite Celebrity Crush – Ryan Gosling
- Favorite Movies – Cat In The Hat (2003), Alice In Wonderland (1957), Charlotte’s Web (2006), Gone With The Wind (1939), Mary Poppins (1964), Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968)
- Favorite Color – Pink, Black
- Favorite Places – Taco Bell, Sundance Film Festival, Beach
- Favorite Books – Cat In The Hat (Dr. Seuss), Charlotte’s Web (E.B. White), Cooking Books, Twilight (Stephenie Meyer)
- Favorite Songs – Just Dance (Lady Gaga in 2008), The Nutcracker Suite, Taylor Swift Fearless (Taylor Swift in 2009)
- Favorite Accessories – Hello Kitty, Cowboy Hat, Pink Dress, Viking Cheerleading Uniform, Vintage 50s Clothes, Two Eyeglasses
- Favorite Fashion Idols – Regis Philbin, Meryl Streep, Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Jodie Foster, Johnny Depp, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Marilyn Monroe, Cate Blanchett
Source – IMDb
Elle Fanning Facts
- Elle Fanning started acting at the age of 2 years and 8 months.
- Elle has 2 pets – Lewellen (Dog) and Goldie (Horse).
- She enjoys playing soccer.
- She knows how to play the piano.
- Her family is full of athletes. Her mother, Heather was a professional tennis player, her father, Steven played baseball for St. Louis Cardinals. Moreover, her grandfather, Rick Arrington was an All-Star American Football player.
- Elle Fanning is one of 14 grandchildren.
- Elle’s mom kept her name as Mary. Elle’s father kept her name as Elle. So her name became Mary Elle Fanning. But, she uses her middle name – Elle Fanning.
- She has naturally curly hair.
- She likes drawing.
- Elle Fanning was only 3½ years old when she attended her first Hollywood premiere.
- Elle Fanning and her older sister Dakota Fanning are afraid of lightning and thunderstorms.
- As a voiceover artist, she made her theatrical film debut by providing vocals to the character of Mei Kusakabe in the English dub of the 1988 Japanese animated fantasy film, My Neighbor Totoro, in 2005.
- Alongside the likes of Joel Courtney, Kyle Chandler, and Caitriona Balfe, she co-starred as Alice Dainard in the 2011 science fiction monster thriller film, Super 8. For this role, she won the “Spotlight Award” at the Hollywood Film Festival and was nominated for several awards including Satellite Award for “Best Actress in a Supporting Role”, Teen Choice Award for “Choice Movie Actress: Sci-Fi/Fantasy”, and Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for “Best Young Actress”.
- During the 2021 Film Independent Spirit Awards, she was nominated in the “Best Female Performance in a Scripted Series” category for her role as Catherine the Great in the comedy-drama series, The Great.