Ryan Thomas Gosling
London, Ontario, Canada
He has moved a lot and so changed his schools. Ryan attended Gladstone Public School, Cornwall Collegiate and Vocational School in Cornwall, Ontario and Lester B. Pearson High School in Burlington, Ontario.
He was bullied in elementary school. So, he had no friends until he was 14 or 15. Gosling once took knives to school and threw those on the students there. He was expelled from school and this led to home schooling by her mother, who resigned from her job.
Also, he was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
Actor, director, musician, writer
- Father – Thomas Ray Gosling (Traveling salesman for a paper mill)
- Mother – Donna (Secretary, who qualified as a high school teacher in 2011)
- Siblings – Mandi (Older Sister)
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gosling dated –
- Erin Foster – In 2012, performer and writer, Erin Foster revealed during the Fracture movie promotion event that she had dated Gosling in the past.
- Sandra Bullock (2002-2003) – Sandra, who is 17 years older than Ryan, met him on the set of the 2002 movie “Murder by Numbers”. They soon began dating but relationship came to an end in 2002 as it was a long distance one; with Sandra in Texas and Gosling in Downtown LA.
- Famke Janssen (2004) – RUMOR
- Rachel McAdams (2005-2008) – They both met each other on the set of the 2004 movie “The Notebook” and soon started seeing each other. The duo was in a relationship from 2004 until 2007. They also reconciled for a couple of months in 2008. So, this was an ON-again OFF-again kind of relationship.
- Casey LaBow (2010) – After separating from Rachel in 2008, Notebook star Gosling was RUMORED to be dating Casey. They were seen in an Italian restaurant in California and Gosling had kept her arm around her throughout the dinner.
- Kat Dennings (2009-2010) – RUMOR
- Jaime Murray (2009) – RUMOR
- Blake Lively (2010) – From October to December 2010, Gosling and Blake Lively were seen dating. She was seen at Disneyland with him and had also attended the New York premiere party of his film, Blue Valentine, in December 2010.
- Olivia Wilde (2011) – In early 2011, Ryan was seen with Olivia Wilde giving rise to the dating RUMORS.
- Eva Mendes (2011-Present) – Eva Mendes was spotted with Gosling at Disneyland during a weekend of Labor Day 2011. They were seen kissing and holding hands at the park. The couple welcomed their first child, a daughter on September 12, 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
- Strong jaw line with well-built physique
- Gives strong, dramatic performances
- Idiosyncratic accent
His measurements may be –
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
He is likely to be wearing a shoe of size 11 (US).
There does not seem to be any brand, which has endorsed Ryan.
Best Known For
Working in films like Are You Afraid of the Dark? (1995), Goosebumps (1996), Breaker High (1997–98) and Young Hercules (1998–99), The Believer (2001), Murder by Numbers (2002), The Slaughter Rule (2002), and The United States of Leland (2003).
Ryan is a part of the band, Dead Man’s Bones. So, the band released their debut album, titled “Dead Man’s Bones” in October 2009 under ANTI- Records. Gosling performs under the alias “Baby Goose”.
He debuted on the big screen via 1997 movie Frankenstein and Me for his role as Kenny.
First TV Show
The American variety television show, Mickey Mouse Club from 1993 to 1995 as himself. He appeared in just 3 episodes.
For the 2013 movie, Only God Forgives, he took the help from the trainer, Kui Puk, who made Ryan learn Muay Thai. Read his workout routine and diet plan.
Ryan Gosling Favorite Things
Ryan Gosling Facts
- He has traveled a lot due to the nature of her father’s work.
- His parents divorced when he was a child. So, he lived with his mother along with his older sister.
- He has a dog named George.
- Ryan is the co-owner of Tagine, a Moroccan restaurant in Beverly Hills, California.
- He practices ballet. He spent his childhood mostly with his mother and older sister, who had also learned ballet. As a result, Ryan developed a habit of the same and he also continues his childhood interest, now also.
- He is a supporter of PETA.
- Justin Timberlake‘s mother had served as the legal guardian of Ryan Gosling when Gosling was 12 and had moved to Florida to complete the shooting of The All New Mickey Mouse Club with castmate Justin Timberlake. Though Ryan’s mother also went with him to USA, but consequently she needed to go back to Canada for some work. So, Ryan lived with Justin and her mother looked after Ryan for 6 months.
- He is a part of the band, Dead Man’s Bones. The band consists of 2 members – Zach Shields and Ryan. It was formed in 2008.
- He and Rachel McAdams were born in the same hospital, St. Joseph’s Hospital in London, Ontario.
- Follow him on Twitter.