|Cress Williams Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||July 26, 1970|
Cress Williams is an American actor who burst into the spotlight after playing the recurring role of Terrence ‘Scooter’ Williams in the television sitcom on the Fox network named Living Single (1993-1998). He gained further recognition by starring in various other TV shows like the medical drama ER (1998-2008), and by getting featured in a number of films including the satirical comedy-drama Little Black Book (2004). Williams has amassed more than 160k followers on Instagram.
Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, West Germany
He went to Fullerton College where, in spite of it being a two-year college, he had stayed for 4 years in order to hone his craft. After that, he attended the University of California in Los Angeles and earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre.
He has been represented by Agency for the Performing Arts.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Simbi Khali (2000-2011) – He married actress, singer, and songwriter Simbi in Malibu in California on October 14, 2000. They had 2 children together. The couple got divorced in June 2011.
- Kristen Torrianni (2013-Present) – He tied the knot with Kristen Torrianni on June 15, 2013. Williams and Torrianni also have 2 children together.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Tattoos on his body
- Tall stature
Cress Williams Favorite Things
- Roles He Has Played – Ornette Howard on Friday Night Lights, Jefferson Pierce/Black Lightning on Black Lightning
Source – Cheat Sheet
Cress Williams Facts
- Shortly after his birth, he had shifted to Chicago. He had then moved with his mother to California at the age of 3 and then spent the majority of his childhood in Orange County.
- Cress had grown up watching television along with some films. After he graduated high school, he knew that he wanted to go to college as nobody in his family had. He had made up his mind that he would attend college and be a theater major.
- While attending college, he had performed in more than 20 plays that included Othello, The Elephant Man, and Red Noses. His film and television career had started near the end of his college years.
- Williams has recalled that not only had he cherished his character in the sports drama television series Friday Night Lights (2010-2011), he had also adored how the actors were given the freedom to improvise and cut out lines. It had been an actor’s dream as the goal was only to do the best possible, to bring the character as well as the scenes to life.
- He has considered one of his most-loved moments of shooting to have been a particular scene in season 5 of Friday Night Lights, that he had filmed with Kyle Chandler. His character was telling Chandler’s character that he was in charge. Chandler had cut half of his lines and Cress had got totally inspired by his fellow actor’s complete lack of ego. He has disclosed that his colleague’s lack of ego went on to form the way Williams acted and conducted himself always, after that.
- Cress has essayed the same character of Jefferson Pierce/Black Lightning in the 3 different TV series – The Flash (2019, 2021), DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (2020), and Black Lightning (2018-2021).
Featured Image by Cress Williams / Instagram