|Leroy Sané Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||January 11, 1996|
Leroy Sané is a German professional soccer player known for his successful career. He is one of the best wingers in the world and has done endorsement work for popular brands like Nike. he has a huge social media fan base with more than 3 million followers on Instagram, more than 1 million followers on Twitter, and more than 500k followers on Facebook.
Leroy Aziz Sané
Essen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Leroy Sané got his early soccer education from the youth academy of the German club, Schalke 04. After 3 years, he shifted to the youth academy of Bayer 04 Leverkusen. In 2011, he decided to return to Nachwuchsleistungszentrum (Schalke’s academy).
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Souleyman Sané (Former Professional Soccer Player)
- Mother – Regina Weber (Former Individual Rhythmic Gymnast)
- Siblings – Kim Sané (Older Brother) (Former Professional Soccer Player), Sidi Sané (Younger Brother) (Professional Soccer Player)
Leroy Sané is represented by his father Souleyman Sané.
Winger, Attacking Midfielder
19 – Manchester City Football Club
19 – Germany National Football Team
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Leroy Sané has dated –
- Candice Brook (2017-Present) – In December 2017, Leroy Sané made his relationship with Instagram model Candice Brook public by sharing a picture on his official Instagram account. A short while later, she shared a picture of her cuddling up to him on her account. Since then, they have been very open about their relationship on social media.
Race / Ethnicity
On his mother’s side, he has German ancestry and on his father’s side, he is of Senegalese descent.
- Afro hairstyle
- Athletic body
Leroy Sané has signed an endorsement deal with Nike as a part of which, he uses their gear for his professional matches. He has also appeared in a couple of TV commercials for Nike.
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being one of the best emerging wingers in the world.
- His electric and scintillating performances for Manchester City, which helped them win the 2017/2018 Premier League Title.
First Soccer Match
- In April 2014, he made his Bundesliga debut in Schalke 04 3-1 away defeat against VfB Stuttgart. He was sent in for Max Meyer in the 77th minute.
- In September 2016, he made his professional debut for Manchester City in the Manchester derby against Manchester United.
- In November 2015, he made his international debut for the German National Team in a 2-0 defeat against France. He was sent in as a 2nd-half substitute.
- Wing Play
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film yet.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of his soccer matches, Leroy Sané hasn’t appeared on any TV show yet.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Leroy Sané Favorite Things
- Food – Penne Carbonara
Source – Man City
Leroy Sané Facts
- In 2001, he started playing soccer by turning out for the youth team of SG Wattenscheid 09. His father had played for the same club early in his career.
- In March 2014, he signed his first professional contract with the German club, Schalke 04. They had signed him up for a 3-year period.
- In August 2016, Manchester City bought him from Schalke for £37 million. The performance-related add-ons made the deal worth £46.5 million.
- He scored his first goal for Manchester City in a home game against Arsenal FC.
- In the summer of 2017, he decided to undergo corrective surgery to take care of his chronic nasal congestion, which had a bad effect on his debut season with Manchester City.
- At the end of 2017-2018 season, he was selected as the PFA Young Player of the Year. He managed to overcome competition from his teammates Ederson Moraes and Raheem Sterling as well as Tottenham Hotspur star striker Harry Kane.
- He was named by his father after Claude Le Roy, who was his first head coach and had helped him to become a good soccer player.
- Leroy Sane holds German as well as French citizenship.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Thomas Rodenbücher / Flickr / CC BY-2.0