|Lim Eun-soo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 26, 2003|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Lim Eun-soo is a South Korean figure skater who had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the CS (Challenger Series) Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy in both 2018 and 2019. She had secured the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2018 CS U.S. International Figure Skating Classic. She had also clinched the ‘Bronze’ medal at the 2018 GP (Grand Prix) Rostelecom Cup, the 2019 CS Autumn Classic International, and the 2019 Shanghai Trophy. At the international junior tier, she had won the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2017 ISU (International Skating Union) JGP (Junior Grand Prix) in Austria and the 2017 Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy. She had also secured the ‘Bronze’ medal at the 2016 ISU JGP in Germany and the 2016 Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy. At the international novice tier, she had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2013–14 Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy. In August 2021, she had achieved a world ranking of 15 in the official rankings issued by the ISU. Following the 2020-21 figure skating season, she had become the tenth-ranked ladies’ singles skater in the world.
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
As of February 2022, Lim was a high school student.
- Mother – Lee Kyu-sook
She is represented by All That Sports, Talent Management Agency and Sports Marketing Company, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Korean descent.
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
Lim Eun-soo Facts
- At the national level, in the senior tier, Lim had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2017 South Korean Figure Skating Championships, the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2019 South Korean Figure Skating Championships, and the ‘Bronze’ medal at the South Korean Figure Skating Championships in both 2016 and 2018.
- After winning the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2019 South Korean Figure Skating Championships, she had been selected to participate in the Four Continents Figure Skating Championships and was South Korea’s lone ladies’ entry to the 2019 World Figure Skating Championships. At the 2019 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships, she had stood 4th in the short program where she would have set a new personal best score if not for a one-point deduction for a time violation.
- Her participation in the 2019 World Figure Skating Championships, her debut appearance at the tournament, was overshadowed by a massive controversy when accusations were made by Lim’s management agency that she had been deliberately injured in practice by the American figure skater Mariah Bell. During a practice session, the latter’s toe-pick had scraped the back of Lim’s left calf.
- An investigation into these allegations was conducted by the ISU but Mariah did not face any penalty and was cleared of any wrongdoing as the investigators could find no evidence to support Lim’s allegations. As both Lim and Mariah used to train in the United States under the same coach at that time, Lim had chosen to part ways with that coach after the incident and had returned to South Korea, reuniting with her former coaches.
- Her hobbies/interests include baking, cooking, and dancing.
Featured Image by Lim Eun-soo / Instagram