|Lissy Quick Info
|5 ft 3 in
|Date of Birth
|December 30, 1967
Lissy is a former Indian former actress who is best known for being the filmmaker, producer, and screenwriter Priyadarshan’s wife and the mother of rising actress Kalyani Priyadarshan. Besides that, Lissy earned quite the prominence as an actress and appeared mostly in Tamil and Telugu films. With time, she has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 1.5 million followers on Facebook.
Pazhanganad, Pukkattupadi, Kochi, Kerala, India
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Lissy completed her schooling from St. Teresa’s School. Later, she enrolled at St. Teresa’s College. However, she had to drop out in order to focus on her acting career.
- Father – Nellikaattil Pappachan
- Mother – Aleyamma
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lissy’s name has been linked with –
- Priyadarshan (1990-2014) – The couple got married to one another on December 13, 1990, and have 2 children, a girl named, Kalyani Priyadarshan (b. April 5, 1992) and a son named, Siddharth Priyadarshan. On December 1, 2014, she legally filed for divorce at a Chennai based family court. After being married for 24 years, the couple was finally granted a legal divorce on September 1, 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
- Curvaceous physique
- Prominent smile
- Plush lips
- She was brought up as a roman catholic in Kerala and is the only child of her parents.
- Growing up, she saw tough times as her parents had decided to part ways and she was taken care of by her mother Aleyamma.
- She did both her schooling and also completed her college from Christian institutions.
- Lissy was an A grader and also attained applaudable results during her exams for the secondary school leaving certificate.
- She was preparing for her pre-university when she began acting at the age of 16.
- Lissy made her debut theatrical film appearance as Latha alongside various stars like Balachandra Menon and Poornima Jayaram in the film Ithiri Neram Othiri Karyam in 1982.
- Initially, Lissy had no interest in pursuing acting as a career option and wanted to complete her studies. However, It was her mother who motivated her to pursue acting.
- From 1981 to 1989, she had starred in more than 60 Malayalam films, 3 Tamil films, and a single Telugu language film.
- She started her eponymous Facebook account in 2012. It is also the only social media account that she uses to connect to her fans.
- After getting married, Lissy gave up her acting career and took up the named Lissy Lakshmi as part of religious purposes.
- In the year 2013, Lissy was awarded the Shree Ratna Award by the Kerala Kalakendram.
- She was chosen by Jaguar as the “Woman Achiever of the Year 2013” in Chennai.
- Until 2017, Lissy faced an ongoing legal battle that was filed by a man named Nellikkattil Varkey who was supposed to be her father who had abandoned her and her mother. However, the case was put to an end as a result of his death.
- After almost 2 decades of leaving the silver screen, Lissy returned to acting with the film Chal Mohan Ranga in 2018.
- She was announced as part of the cast of the 2019 film 2 States that was based on the novel written by Chetan Bhagat.
Featured Image By Lissy Lakshmi / Facebook