|Lorraine Pascale Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10.5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 17, 1972|
Lorraine Pascale is an English television chef, former model, and the best selling author. She first gained prominence as a model when she became the first black British model to appear on the cover of American Elle in 1994. She later went on to become a TV chef starring in a number of cooking shows such as My Kitchen Rules, Baking Made Easy, Home Cooking Made Easy, and many more.
London, England, United Kingdom
Lorraine attended a boarding school in Devon. Later in 2005, she took a diploma cookery course at Leith’s School of Food and Wine. She also studied Culinary Arts at Thames Valley University (now University of West London) and graduated in March 2012.
Model, Television Chef, Author, Motivational Speaker
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – She has 3 brothers and 1 sister.
- Others – Roger Woodward (Adoptive Father) (Multilingual Spanish academic), Audrey Woodward (Adoptive Mother) (Nurse), Jason Woodward (Adoptive Brother)
Lorraine was formerly represented by Storm Models Management.
5 ft 10.5 in or 179 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lorraine has dated –
- Count Kazimierz Balinski-Jundzill (1995-2000) – Lorraine was married to Polish jazz musician Count Kazimierz Balinski-Jundzill for almost 5 years. The couple had a daughter together named Ella Balinska. They parted ways in 2000.
Race / Ethnicity
Lorraine has Jamaican roots.
- Tall stature
- Long facial structure
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU) or 7 (UK)
Lorraine has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Donna Karan
- Nick Colema
- Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche
Best Known For
Becoming the first black British model to appear on the cover of American Elle in 1994
First Fashion Show
Lorraine made her debut in the fashion industry by walking the ramp for John Galliano’s Ready to Wear – Spring/Summer Collection in 1993.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance on BBC’s cooking show Baking Made Easy in 2011.
Lorraine is a fitness freak and so is evident from her Instagram account where she posts her regular gym selfies and workout videos. As per a video posted on her Instagram in February 2019, she described her routine to include exercises such as deadlift to squats, single arm rows, plank kettlebell taps, good mornings, alternate arm rows, and narrow stance squats. She was doing these exercises 10 times on each side followed by a break of 1 minute and then went on to do 5 sets of each exercise.
As per an interview in 2015, she also revealed that she practiced Transcendental Meditation to relax her mind after long days at work.
Lorraine Pascale Facts
- She was put up for adoption shortly after her birth and was fostered in Leytonstone until her adoption.
- Lorraine was adopted by a white couple when she was 18 months old and found her new house to be in Witney, Oxfordshire.
- Her adoptive parents divorced when she was only 3 and she remained with her mother.
- After a few years, her mother got ill and was unable to care for her and so she was again fostered by many different families. She reunited with her parents a year later.
- Lorraine went on to receive a full scholarship by the Buttle Trust and studied at a boarding school in Devon.
- She was discovered for modeling at the age of 16 by the same agent who discovered the supermodel Naomi Campbell.
- Her first achievement in the world of fashion was to become the first black British model to appear on the cover of American Elle.
- Besides being a model, she also tried her hand in different careers such as cooking, hypnotherapy, and car mechanics. According to her, cooking suited her the best.
- Since then, she has hosted and judged several cooking shows such as Home Cooking Made Easy, Baking Made Easy, Lorraine’s Fast, Fresh & Easy Food, and many more.
- In 2011, her first cookbook titled, Baking Made Easy came out.
- She is also equally active in charity and serves as an ambassador for charities like Rays of Sunshine, The Prince’s Trust, and National Careers Service.
- Besides being a chef, she also visits schools and works as a motivational speaker.
- Visit her website @ lorrainepascale.com.
- Follow Lorraine Pascale on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Lorraine Pascale / Instagram