|Lorraine Vélez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4.5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 2, 1964|
Lorraine Vélez is a well distinguished American singer, actress, playwright, who sung the title song of Fame for the CD of Fame The Musical. She is also well known for her performances in the musical theatre. She is the twin sister of actress and producer Lauren Luna Vélez.
Brooklyn, New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Lorraine attended The Ailey Studios after obtaining a scholarship from her high school. She also went to study acting at The Acting Studio in New York under the careful guidance of artistic director James Price.
She also studied Shakespeare with Michael Howard at the Michael Howard Studio. In the past, she also went to Osimo, Italy to learn voice.
- Father – José Vélez (New York City Police Department officer)
- Mother – Socorro Vélez
- Siblings – Lauren Vélez (Twin Sister) (Actress, Producer). She has 6 more siblings.
Lorraine is represented by Global Artists.
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
It is believed that she has a child. However, there is no information available to confirm the details about her son and the father of her child.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic and Black)
She has Mexican ancestry on her father’s side and African ancestry on her mother’s side.
She has a beauty spot on the right side of her bottom lip.
Lorraine has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Starring in several stage performances such as Fame The Musical, Dreamgirls, and Black Nativity
- Her appearances in many TV shows and films such as Piñero (2001), Law & Order (2002), and Doctor Who (2008)
- Singing the titular song Fame for the CD of Fame The Musical (1995)
As a Singer
Lorraine has contributed her vocals skills in many musical theatre acts. She has sung many songs including Without You from Rent.
In 1995, she sang the cover song Fame for a CD of Fame The Musical and also contributed her vocal skills to a 2nd song There She Goes / Fame.
Lorraine made her theatrical film debut as Tutu in the American biopic Piñero in 2001.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Abby Bishop in the crime-drama Law & Order in 2002.
Lorraine Vélez Favorite Things
- Burrito Treat – Soda Crackers
Source – Instagram
Lorraine Vélez Facts
- Her parents immigrated to Brooklyn, New York in early 1950s.
- She was born and brought up in Brooklyn, but later moved to Far Rockaway, Queens along with her family.
- Lorraine’s father José served as an officer at the New York City Police Department for 13 years. She lost her father to a sudden heart attack in 1993.
- Lorraine first started singing and acting at the Theater for the New City.
- She has a dog named Teddy.
- In the past, she also did theatre acts on the streets.
- She and her sister are both trained dancer.
- Follow her on Instagram.
Featured Image by Lorraine Vélez / Instagram