Sophie Alexandra Tweed-Simmons
Los Angeles, California, USA
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- Whistler, British Columbia, Canada
- Frequently visits New York City for modeling gigs which is also her paternal grandmother’s place of residence.
Sophie studied at Wildwood School in Los Angeles.
She finished her college education with a major in Religious Studies from Pitzer-Pomona in Claremont, California.
Model, Actress, Reality Star, Musician, Screenplay Writer / Author, Philanthropist
- Father – Gene Simmons / Chaim Witz (Frontman of KISS rock band, Musician, Producer, Entrepreneur)
- Mother – Shannon Tweed (Model, Actress, former Playboy Playmate)
- Siblings – Nicholas Adam Tweed-Simmons (Older Brother) (Actor, Musician, Comic Book Creator)
- Others – Tracy Tweed (Aunt) (Canadian Actress, Model), Emily Tweed (Cousin), Flóra Klein (Paternal Grandmother)
- (US Representation, Acting) Erin Culley, Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
- (Canadian Representation) Andrea Britton, Characters Agency
- Randy Lennox, Universal Music Canada
- 1 Models – New York City
5 ft 7.5 in or 171.5 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sophie Simmons has dated –
- Nick Marshall (2012-2013) – While promoting her Canadian reality show, Sophie confessed during an interview that she prefers to date Canadian men because they appear more honest. She is partial to athletes and avoids aspiring musicians lest, they have vested interest in getting touch with her father. During an interview in 2013, she accidentally admitted to avoiding prolonged stays in Whistler, Canada to avoid an ex-boyfriend that the publication guessed was most probably a local snowboard coach, Nick Marshall.
- Christopher James (2013) – Christopher James is RUMORed to be Sophie’s on again, off again boyfriend since college and the two were spotted on a vacation in Maui, Hawaii during the second half of 2013. Christopher deleted his Twitter handle tagged in Sophie’s posts, so not much is known about him.
- James Kimble (2014-2017) – Sophie’s father Gene Simmons confirmed James as her new boyfriend through a Twitter post. The two made their relationship official on the red carpet of a public event. Speculation claims that the two continue to be together, but Sophie keeps her dating life far too private for any concrete confirmation.
Race / Ethnicity
She is predominantly white with Hungarian Jewish father and her mother has Canadian, German and distant Russian ancestry.
- Beautiful Big Brown Eyes
- Wide Smile
- Prominent Cheek Bones
37-29-39 in or 94-74-99 cm
10 (US) or 14 (UK) or 42 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
She bagged an ad campaign for Adore Me lingerie in 2016.
Her mother is Protestant Christian and father is Jewish.
Best Known For
- Featured in 73 episodes of the reality show based on the life and family of Gene Simmons named, Gene Simmons: Family Jewels from 2006 to 2012.
- Auditioned for The X Factor (US Version) in 2012, and appeared in four episodes of the show.
- Got her own eight-episode reality show, Shannon & Sophie in 2014, aired on W Network in Canada.
As a Singer
She has released REBEL – Kiss Me ft Sophie Simmons (Single).
She has also recreated covers of various popular songs released on her social media channels.
Sophie played the character of child artist as Little Girl Rose in a cameo in No Contest II (1996).
Sex, Marriage and Infidelity (2014) was her first film as an adult in which she plays the character of Lisa.
First TV Show
From 2006 to 2012, she appeared on the reality TV show Gene Simmons: Family Jewels.
- Sophie developed a broad and heavy frame after puberty. Her largest dress size was US (12-14) and being an aspiring actress, she often experienced self-imposed pressure to lose weight.
- She tried a range of restrictive diets some of which were juicing, Atkins diet, Vegetable only diet. She also hired a personal trainer, attempted Bikram Yoga and laser liposuction to no avail.
- In 2014, at a health retreat at Canyon Ranch, Tucson, Arizona she was asked to get her blood and urine tested for food allergies since she often suffered from eczema. The diagnosis revealed that she was allergic to chocolate, dairy, yeast, tuna, pecans, and celery. Since her allergies were not severe, they did not result in severe reaction but turned out to be the primary cause behind her excess weight.
- With new found awareness to avoid specific combinations of food, Sophie lost some weight and saw a major improvement in her body composition. She finally acquired a leaner face, waist, and hips.
- She admits her body weight still fluctuates a lot since she often overlooks her food allergies to self-indulge, but knows her boundaries now. She gets heavier particularly after a holiday binge but manages to return to a dress size 8 (US) most of the time.
- To support her dietary habits, she frequently hikes with her dogs, runs on the treadmill in the gym, loves the stair climber at Equinox gym, lifts light weights or attends a spin class. She intensifies her physical activity 4 weeks prior to a photoshoot.
- She particularly holds a lot of faith in Pilates to strengthen her body.
- Her self-awareness motivates her to endorse and promote body confidence for all young women and she elaborates upon realistic goals on social media in collaboration with Cosmopolitan magazine.
Sophie Tweed-Simmons Favorite Things
- Drink – Diet Coke
- Movie – Fight Club (1999), The Machinist (2004), Limitless (2011), All Marvel Movies
- Comic Character – Poison Ivy, Cat Woman, Batman, Wonder Woman
- Songwriter Theme – Mean people
- Remixes – R&B, Rap songs
- Dream Celebrity to Open For – Adele
- Beauty Trend – Natural no-makeup look
- Place – Hyde Park, London
- Vacation Destination – Whistler, British Columbia, Canada
- Spa – Scandinave Spas in Canada
- Foreign Location – Sofia, Bulgaria
- Culturally Enriching City – Paris, France
- Family Holiday – Christmas in New York City with Paternal Grandmother and rest of the family
- Hotel – The NoMad Hotel, New York
- Cities to Repeatedly Visit and Stay – Vancouver, New York, Paris, Los Angeles and London
- Guilty Pleasure on the Road – Mini-bar snacks
- Musicians – Ella Fitzgerald, Etta James, Norah Jones, Adele, Mumford & Sons, Black Keys
Source – YouTube, YouTube, ChicagoTribune.com, Hollywood Reporter
Sophie Tweed-Simmons Facts
- Sophie was not popular in school. She spent most of her time in the computer lab and was on the math team.
- She walked in her first runway show for designer Kelly Nishimoto when she was 14 in LA Fashion Week and has found success as a plus-size model.
- She is extremely good at playing volleyball and not only represented her school and college in the sport but also coached the Girl’s VA Volleyball Club in Southern California.
- Her major in senior year was computer engineering but she switched to humanities subjects in college.
- Both, Sophie and her brother, Nick do not drink or smoke. They were monitored closely by their parents while growing up.
- Her father, Gene Simmons did not know how to send text messages. Sophie taught him before leaving for her The X Factor audition in 2012 so they could stay in touch.
- One of her strengths as a musician is songwriting. She composes melodies on the piano and eventually converts them to fit the alternative pop genre.
- She was the winner of the International Songwriting Contest (2016) in the EDM category held in Nashville, Tennessee.
- She is crazy about clothes and converted her master bedroom into a closet.
- She wrote a song for rapper Rick Ross who came across her work on Spotify.
- Sophie is the Editor-in-Chief of her blog called #NoFilter.
- She has a maple leaf tattooed on the back of her neck.
- She owns two Alaskan Malamutes dogs, named Jett and Axl.
- She formerly designed clothes and jewelry for the Home Shopping Network.
- At the age of 18, she established a children’s charity in Surrey, British Columbia, Canada called Sophie’s Place in collaboration with the mayor, Dianne Watts and claims to help over 2000 children every year who have suffered physical, mental or sexual abuse.
- Visit Sophie’s official website @ SophieTSimmons.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, and Pinterest.