|Louie Spence Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 6, 1969|
Louie Spence is an English dancer, choreographer, and television personality. He is best known for his starring role in the Sky 1’s dance show, Pineapple Dance Studios which was was sold around the world and was aired on the US network, Ovation. Louie Spence is a professional dancer who has been advancing his career as a reality star appearing in shows like Dancing on Ice, Celebrity Big Brother, and The Jump. In his youth, he was well known for performing in West End musicals including Miss Saigon, Cats, and Closer to Heaven.
Apart from being a dancer, Louie Spence also played roles in films and television shows such as Sharknado 5: Global Swarming (2017), Off Their Rockers (2016), The Jump (2016), The Exclusives (2012), Swinging with the Finkels (2011), Benidorm (2010), and Anna (1988). He has also guest starred in shows such as Friday Night with Jonathan Ross (2010), Justin Lee Collins Good Times (2010), Top Gear (2010), Alan Carr: Chatty Man (2010), Shooting Stars (2010), 8 Out of 10 Cats (2010-2012), Chris Moyles‘ Quiz Night (2010-2011), and The Alan Titchmarsh Show (2010-2013).
Ponders End, Enfield, London, England, United Kingdom
Louie Spence attended Notley High School in Braintree, Essex, England. He then moved on to the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts in London, England.
Dancer, Choreographer, Television Presenter, Actor
- Father – Kith Spence
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Kelly East (Sister)
- Others – Lotan Carter (Nephew) (TV Personality)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Louie Spence has dated –
- Leto Fernandez (2007-Present) – Leto Fernandez and Louie Spence met in 2001 when Louie was introduced to Leto at a club by the choreographer, Jason Gardiner, who worked on Dancing on Ice. They got married in 2007 even though Louie is not a fan of marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
No facial hairs
Best Known For
- Performing in West End musicals including Miss Saigon, Cats, and Closer to Heaven
- His role in the TV show Pineapple Dance Studios
Louie Spence made his feature film debut in the role of Tänzer in the movie Anna in 1988.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance in the Brighton Rock episode of the TV series, Grange Hill in 1985.
Louie Spence Facts
- Since Louie Spence was 5 years old, he went out with his sisters to the local dance center in Essex every Saturday morning, wearing blue Lycra leotard and training as a dancer all day.
- There was a controversy when Louie Spence was promoting himself and his new series on ITV’s This Morning. In the video, he waxed the bottoms of 5 men. It was not generally accepted by the public due to the camera angles and what was displayed on the screen. Hundreds of viewers complained and a crisis broke out within ITV.
- Louie Spence performed in several West End theater productions, including Cats and Miss Saigon.
- He was on Big Brother season 12 and was evicted 2 days before the final.
- Louie Spence was a guest on the comedy show Would I Lie to You? in 2011.
- He was always encouraged by his father and mother who saw his talent and helped him build on himself earlier in life. His parents re-mortgaged their newly bought council house to fund his attendance at the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts in London when he was 12 years old.
- Due to his hard work, at the age of 13, Louie Spence played a role in the West End show Bugsy Malone followed by a role in the Wayne Sleep-fronted BBC series, The Hot Shoe Show.
- At the age of 16, Louie had turned his passion into a career because he left school without any qualifications. He became a professional dancer in Miss Saigon.
- Mariah Carey, Robbie Williams, and several other stars always called on Louie when they needed dancers and choreographers despite his tough schedule.
- In 2010, Louie Spence gave a speech on Sky 1 and they re-commissioned the 2nd series of Pineapple Dance Studios but after the speech and re-commissioning, it became known as Louie Spence’s Showbusiness.
- He was born in London and raised with two older sisters who also learned to dance.
- Louie Spence was given a column in Heat magazine which gave him the idea for writing his autobiography, Still Got It, Never Lost It!. It was published in September 2011.
- On New Year’s Eve 2000, Louie Spence suffered an attack of Bell’s palsy. This attack left him paralyzed on one side of his face. He still remains partially affected by the condition.
- In the ’90s, Louie Spence worked as a backing dancer on tours for everybody from Bjork, Boyzone to 2 Unlimited and he later became friends with some of the top acts. He has danced on tour with Emma Lee Bunton and the Spice Girls.
- Louie Spence claimed that the first and only romantic relationship he ever had with a woman was at the age of 12 when he kissed a girl. He also said in an interview with New magazine in 2012 that the girl tasted of digestive biscuits which might have triggered the gay sexuality in him. He always praises himself for having the ability to turn straight men gay.
- His nephew is the Big Brother star Lotan Carter, who appeared with Louie on an episode of Pineapple Dance Studios.
- Louie had difficulties with anxiety and depression which began after his mum died. He was always close to his deceased mother and even disclosed that even his sexuality was not hidden from his mom. He claimed that his mother knew he was gay since he was 5 years old. She sent him a letter when he came out as gay at the age of 19, telling him that she always knew.
- Visit his official website @ louiespencemasterclass.com.
- Follow Louie Spence on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by BigBrother Junkie / Flickr / Public Domain