|Chris Moyles Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||February 22, 1974|
Chris Moyles is an English radio and TV presenter and Author. He is known for The Chris Moyles Show on Radio X. He presented the same show on BBC Radio 1 from 2004 for 8 years. Chris also presented the Chris Moyles’ Quiz Night. He has also worked on Radio Luxembourg and Capital FM, then appeared in several TV shows like The Paul O’Grady Show, Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, Richard & Judy, The Friday Night Project, The One Show, Top Gear, The Charlotte Church Show, and Hotel Babylon, a celebrity version of Dale’s Supermarket Sweep.
He has won Silver, Gold, and Bronze Sony Radio Awards. Readers of The Sun newspaper and Loaded magazine voted him “Best DJ.” Featherstone Rovers, the rugby league team, named their ground ‘The Chris Moyles Stadium’ after him in 2007.
Leeds, West Riding of Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
Leeds, West Riding of Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
Chris Moyles attended the Mount St Mary’s Catholic High School.
Radio and TV Presenter, Author
- Father – Chris Moyles (Post Office Worker)
- Mother – Hannah Veronica
- Siblings – Kieron Moyles (Brother)
Chris Moyles is managed by James Grant Group Ltd. (Talent Agency), London, United Kingdom.
Sony Music Entertainment
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris Moyles has dated –
- Ana Boulter (1999–2002) – Chris and Ana, a British television presenter started dating in 1999 but separated in 2002.
- Sophie Waite (2002–2010) – Chris and Sophie started dating in 2002. They dated for almost 8 years before parting in September 2010.
- Tiffany Austin (2015-Present) – Chris and Tiffany have been dating since 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish ancestry on his mother’s side and English ancestry on his father’s side.
Dark brown with silver streaks
He hasn’t endorsed any brands yet.
Best Known For
- Presenting shows on radio stations like WBHS (Wakefield’s Broadcast to Hospitals Service), Aire FM, Radio Top Shop, BBC and Capital
- Film voice works in movies like War of the Worlds, Wimbledon, and Robots
- Presenting television shows like Live With Chris Moyles on Channel 5, The Chris Moyles Show on UK satellite and cable channel UK Play, The Villa on Sky 1, Top of the Pops, Big Brother’s Big Mouth, The Big Breakfast, among others
- His autobiography The Gospel according to Chris Moyles: The Story of One Man and His Mouth (2006) and Chris Moyles: The Difficult Second Book (2007)
- Stage acting as King Herod in the musical show Jesus Christ Superstar and the solo stage show “Chris Moyles Live”
- Parodies of various songs like the Eminem song “Stan,” Kaiser Chiefs songs, England World Cup songs during the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany, among others
- Releasing the charity song “Dogz Don’t Kill People (Wabbitz Do)”, under the name ‘Mouldie Lookin’ Stain’
First Radio Show
Chris Moyles started his radio career at a Voluntary Staffed Hospital Radio Station, WBHS (Wakefield’s Broadcast to Hospitals Service), in the West Yorkshire city.
Chris Moyles released his first studio album Parody Album on November 23, 2009 consisting the songs such as My Parody Album, Lorrydriver, Meat Again and 15 others.
Chris Moyles made his theatrical film debut as Himself in the movie Keith Lemon: The Film in 2012.
First TV Show
Chris Moyles made his first TV show appearance as a Guest Presenter in The Big Breakfast in 1992.
Chris Moyles lost a massive 5 stone by watching his diet, avoiding junk food and running.
Chris Moyles Favorite Things
- Football Club – Leeds United Football Club
Source – IMDb
Chris Moyles Facts
- He has 2 studio albums, the 2009 Parody Album and The Difficult Second Album in 2012.
- He has had tax issues in 2012 and 2014. In 2012, he wanted to block the press from reporting the story.
- In January 2010, N-Dubz’s member, Dappy sent threatening texts to a caller. Chris expressed disappointment with the behavior.
- When he was at Capital FM and Radio 1, he had problems with the Broadcasting Standards Commission and Ofcom for on-air comments like threatening to tear Dr. Fox head off and poo down his neck and saying he would take the virginity of Charlotte Church, when she reached 16.
- Moyles and other British radio presenters have been criticized for on-air promotion of excess drinking.
- He has been accused of homophobia due to a comment he made describing a ringtone as gay on BBC in May 2006. The station defended him but the LGBT charity Stonewall called for his firing. They also gave him the “Bully of the Year” award at the annual Stonewall Awards.
- He is known for on-air profanity and the BBC has had to apologize many times.
- He has called female listeners ‘dirty who*es’ and has been found in breach of the Ofcom Broadcasting Code Rules.
- While at BBC, he crossed a strike picket-line in 2005. A BBC Trust report showed that Moyles was being paid £630,000 in 2007 although Moyles claimed he had taken a 20% pay cut.
- In September 2010, Moyles claimed he had not been paid by BBC for 2 years.
- In an effort to raise money for the charity, he performed Bring Me Sunshine in 2012, with holograms of Morecambe and Wise, the famous comedy duo.
- He was voted out of the show The X Factor: Battle of the Stars on June 4, 2006, in the semi-final.
- He regularly appears on Celebrity Juice and This Morning.
- Chris cuts off people he considers boring on his radio show.
- He has been offered the opportunity to join Virgin Radio, by its owner Chris Evans twice but he turned it down both times.
- He also turned down a job offer on The Big Breakfast in 1992 because he did not want to give up his radio show.
- Chris also turned down a show on Kiss 100 in 1996.
- He beat Tony Blackburn’s record of being the longest-serving breakfast presenter on Radio 1 in 2009.
- The Chris Moyles and Comedy Dave for Comic Relief was the longest Radio 1 show. He hosts it with Dave Vitty.
- He broadcast for 52 hours for comic relief and raised £2.4 million, thus entering the Guinness World Record.
- In 2009, he climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief. He reached the summit on March 7, 2009.
- John Peel took an instant dislike to Moyles when he first met him.
- His face was used in 24: The Game.
- Halle Berry took offense to his impression of a black guy in a 2006 interview.
- He adopted a healthier lifestyle by losing weight through diet change and exercise.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Chris Moyles / Instagram