|Luke Campbell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 27, 1987|
Luke Campbell is a British professional boxer who had challenged for the WBA (World Boxing Association) and The Ring lightweight world titles in 2017; and the WBA, WBO (World Boxing Organization), The Ring, and the vacant WBC (World Boxing Council) lightweight world titles in 2019. Before turning professional in 2013, representing Great Britain, he had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2012 London Olympic Games and the 2008 Liverpool European Amateur Boxing Championships. He had also won the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2011 Baku AIBA World Boxing Championships and the ‘Bronze’ medal at the 2009 Odense European Union Amateur Boxing Championships – all in the bantamweight division. For his services to boxing, he was appointed a ‘Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE)’ in the 2013 New Year Honours.
Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
Hessle, East Riding of Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
- Father – Bernard Campbell (Miner) (d. 2017)
- Mother – Jill Campbell
- Siblings – Kane Campbell (Brother)
- Others – Charlie Kraanen (Father-in-Law)
He is represented by Leisa Maloney, Manager and Booking Agent, Fire PR and Management, Liverpool, Merseyside, England, United Kingdom.
Lightweight, Featherweight, Bantamweight
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Luke has dated –
- Lynsey Kraanen (2006-Present)– Luke had started dating model Lynsey Kraanen in 2006 and the pair had tied the knot in 2015 in a pavilion next to Princess Castle at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. They have 3 sons together named Leo Campbell (b. 2010), Lincoln Campbell (b. 2012), and Levi Campbell (b. 2020).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British (primarily Irish) descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
- Has a tattoo on his left side
Luke has been sponsored by –
- Hatfields Land Rover
- Hugh Rice Jewellers
- PhD Supplements
Luke Campbell Facts
- When Luke had won the 2008 Liverpool European Amateur Boxing Championships, he had become the first English resident to have won a European amateur title since 1961.
- When he had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2012 London Olympic Games, he had become the first boxer in the bantamweight division to have won an Olympic ‘Gold’ medal for Great Britain since Henry Thomas in 1908.
- In honor of this victory, the British multinational postal service and courier company Royal Mail had issued a first-class postage stamp depicting Luke. The company had also painted in gold, a post box in Hessle Road, Hull. KCOM Group, a UK-based communications/IT services provider, had also painted in gold, one of their telephone booths near St. Paul’s Boxing Club in Hull.
- Born and raised in the port city of Hull, he has been a lifelong supporter of the professional soccer club Hull City. The team had featured him in one of their social media promotional videos in 2015.
- In early 2013, he had participated in the 8th season of the dance competition-based reality TV show Dancing on Ice. He had made it to the final of the competition and had eventually finished in 3rd place.
Featured Image by Luke Campbell / Instagram