|Lupe Fiasco Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||February 16, 1982|
Wasalu Muhammad Jaco
Lupe Fiasco, Lu (Nickname was given by his mother)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Fiasco attended Thornton Township High School.
Rapper, producer, songwriter
- Father – Gregory Jaco (Operating plant engineer, karate teacher, drummer)
- Mother – Shirley Jaco (Gourmet Chef)
- Siblings – Fiasco has total of 9 siblings, 4 brothers and 5 sisters
He is the fifth child, out of nine.
Lupe is signed with William Morris Agency NY.
- 1st and 15th Entertainment
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
163 lbs or 74 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lu dated –
- Dani Evans (2013–Present) – In 2013, Fiasco started dating the American model Dani Evans. The couple is still together.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of West African descent.
Sometimes wears headscarves and sunglasses
Lupe has signed an endorsement contract with DGK Skateboards and Reebok (January 2006).
He has also appeared in a lot many commercials.
Best Known For
Fiasco is best known for his album Lupe Fiasco’s Food & Liquor and for being a part of the rock band Japanese Cartoon. Lupe is also known for being an executive director of 1st and 15th Entertainment.
Lupe’s first album was released by the name Lupe Fiasco’s Food & Liquor on September 19, 2006 via 1st & 15th Entertainment and Atlantic Records.
The album contained 16 tracks with a total running time of 72 minutes and 14 seconds. It achieved the sale target of 575,000 copies in the US.
Lupe has not appeared in any of the movies yet other than couple of TV movies and TV specials.
First TV Show
Lupe first showed up in the TV series My Shot With (2006) as himself in the episode titled “The Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival.”
Lupe Fiasco is not a big fan of exercising.
Lupe Fiasco Favorite Things
- Restaurant in Los Angeles – Sushi O (Sushi Restaurant)
- Favorite Movies – Akira (1988) (Japanese Anime)
- Favorite Cities To Tour In – Chicago, New Orleans
- Breakfast Food – Meals served in Bills, a restaurant in Sydney, Australia
- Movie Directors – Steve McQueen, Frederick Wiseman, Steven Kenny
- Clarinet Player – Benny Goodman
Source – HotNewHipHop.com, Wikipedia.org
Lupe Fiasco Facts
- At a young age, Lupe started recording songs in his father’s basement.
- At first, Fiasco disliked the hip hop style of music describing it as vulgar and listened to just Jazz music.
- Lupe’s parents divorced when he was 5 and he went to live with his mother.
- When he was in sixth grade, he moved on to live with his father in Harvey, Illinois. His father taught Fiasco to use guns, so he could protect himself from drug dealers.
- He once was a member of the group Da Pak.
- In his early career, Fiasco appeared by the names Little Lu and Lu tha Underdog.
- Lupe met Jay-Z who helped him to sign his first deal with Atlantic Records.
- Fiasco owns two clothing lines named Trilly & Truly and Righteous Kung-Fu. Lupe has also created sneakers for Reebok.
- In 2010, Lupe recorded a single for the victims of the Haiti’s earthquake.
- Fiasco has been influenced by Nas, Common, Jay-Z, De La Soul, N.W.A, Mos Def, Gang Starr, A Tribe Called Quest and Pharrell Williams.
- Lupe has stated that he believes that one day Islam will take over the world.
- In January 2015, he released the album Tetsuo & Youth.