|Lynn Collins Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 16, 1977|
Lynn Collins is an American actress who is renowned for her roles as Kayla Silverfox in X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009), and Dejah Thoris in John Carter (2012). Lynn relocated to Singapore for 6 years when she was 4. On stage, she has acted as Ophelia in a production of Hamlet in New York and as Juliet in Peter Hall’s Romeo and Juliet in Los Angeles at Ahmanson Theatre.
Viola Lynn Collins
Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
She went to Singapore American School in Singapore and Klein High School in Texas.
In 1999, Lynn graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the Juilliard School in the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Manhattan, New York. She did Shakespearean training in Juilliard.
- Father – Phillip Dean Collins (Karateka and Martial Artist)
- Mother – Patricia Lynn Collins (née Campbell) (Karateka and Martial Artist)
Industry Entertainment Productions, LLC is managing Lynn Collins.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lynn dated –
- Charlie Cox (2004) – Lynn and the Daredevil (Netflix) actor, Charlie Cox came into the relationship in 2004. The couple dated for some time before getting separated in the same year.
- Keanu Reeves (2005) – They met on the set of the movie Il Mare. Reeves dated Collins in 2005 for three months and left her to date, Diane Keaton.
- Steven Strait – Lynn then started dating Steven Strait who is an actor, fashion model, and a rock singer. In January 2007, the duo got engaged and got married on December 23, 2007. But, in 2013, the marriage came to an end.
- Matthew Boyle (2013-Present) – After getting a divorce from Steven, Lynn started dating musician Matthew Boyle, and after dating for 1 month, the couple got engaged in December 2013. After 10 months, they both got married in November 2014. The couple also has a child Asher Hendrix Boyle (b. 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
Lynn has English, Scottish, Irish, and Cherokee Indian roots.
Attractive eyes and jawline
Best Known For
- Playing Silverfox in the superhero film X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
- Playing Portia in the romantic drama film The Merchant of Venice (2004)
- Portraying Juliet in the stage production of Romeo and Juliet by Peter Hall
In 2002, Lynn’s first theatrical film appearance was in Never Get Outta the Boat in the role of Stacy.
First TV Show
In 1999, Lynn’s first TV show appearance was in Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
To prepare herself for the role of Dejah Thoris for the film John Carter (2012), Lynn consumed proteins and complex carbs in regular intervals. She drank smoothies, raw vegan shakes, and watermelon juice.
Regarding workout, she used to do weight training exercises, running, boxing, and did sword training sessions.
In her daily routine, Collins take probiotics like yogurt. She eats sushi and fish. She takes special care of her skin through her diet.
Lynn Collins Favorite Things
- Beverages – Beer
- Food – Fish, Sushi
Source – Female First
Lynn Collins Facts
- Lynn started learning karate at the age of 4 and left the training when she was 17.
- In Juilliard School, Lynn got to improve her speech and accent.
- Collins is a well trained martial artist.
- While growing up, Lynn also traveled to Japan as her parents were receiving 4th, 5th, and 6th dan in Shitō-ryū Okinawa-style karate.
- Lynn decided to become an actress after playing the role of Mrs. Claus during a childhood Christmas pageant.
- Lynn’s upbringing was done in a religious family.
- Cate Blanchett was the first choice to play in The Merchant of Venice (2004). But later on, Lynn Collins got selected after Cate refused.
- Visit Lynn Collins’ official website @ lynncollins.com.
- Follow Lynn Collins on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Lynn Collins / Instagram