|Maja Ognjenović Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 6, 1984|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Maja Ognjenović is a Serbian volleyball player who is best known for her career with Eczacıbaşı Dynavit and as the captain of the Serbia women’s national volleyball team. She has also been a part of teams like OK Postar, Crvena Zvezda, Monte Schiavo Jesi, Olympiacos, Chemik Police, Eczacıbaşı VitrA, and WVC Dynamo Moscow in the past. During the course of her career, Maja has won several tournaments such as European Championship, Summer Olympics, Summer Universiade, Romanian Championship, CEV Challenge Cup, Polish Volleyball League, FIVB Club World Championship, CEV Champions League, Turkish Super Cup, and has been the recipient of honors like European Championship‘s “Best Setter”, CEV Challenge Cup Final Four‘s “Best Setter”, and World Olympic Qualifications‘ “Best Setter”.
Zrenjanin, Vojvodina, Serbia
She attended both elementary and high school in her hometown Zrenjanin, Serbia.
Professional Volleyball Player
- Siblings – Maja has two sisters
Maja is signed with Olimpic Sports Management.
290 cm or 110 in
270 cm or 110 in
6 ft or 183 cm
67 kg or 148 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Maja Ognjenovic dated –
- Milos Teodosic (2008-2012) – Serbian professional basketball player Milos began dating Maja in 2008 and spent two years in a relationship before they got engaged in 2010. Two years after that in 2012, the couple broke off their engagement and parted ways.
- Danilo Ikodinovic (2014-Present) – In 2014, Maja began dating former water polo player Danilo Ikodinovic. Danilo and Maja are still together.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tattoo on her left hand
38-27-38 in or 96.5-68.5-96.5 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
Best Known For
Winning three gold medals at 2009, 2010, and 2011 European League with the national team of Serbia and for achieving the award for Best Setter in 2011 and 2012.
First Volleyball Match
In 2002, Ognjenovic played her first match for OK Postar.
Maja Ognjenovic Favorite Things
- Food – Beef, vegetables, sushi
- Sports – Water polo, Basketball
- Music – All types of music
Source – FIVB.org
Maja Ognjenovic Facts
- She began her volleyball career at the age of 8.
- Maja’s biggest influence came from her older sister who also trained herself in volleyball in a local club in Zrenjanin.
- She won a Bronze medal at the 2012 European League with Serbia.
- Maja played for VC Crvena Zvezda in the period from 2002 to 2006. She captained the team during the 2005-2006 season.
- She won the Polish Cup with Chemik Police in 2014.
- She knows Serbian and English languages.