|Mandeep Singh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 18, 1991|
Mandeep Singh is an Indian professional cricketer who has played for his home state of Punjab (2010–Present) across all 3 formats, as a top-order batsman, in the Indian domestic circuit. In the IPL (Indian Premier League), he has turned out for Kolkata Knight Riders (2010), Kings XI Punjab (2011–2014, 2019–2021), and Royal Challengers Bangalore (2015–2018). He was the vice-captain of India’s squad that had finished in 6th place at the 2010 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup where he had top-scored in India’s opening match against Afghanistan (51 runs not out) and the team’s narrow defeat in the quarter-final against arch-rivals Pakistan (40 runs). In June 2016, he had made his international debut for India, playing all 3 matches in the T20I series against Zimbabwe during India’s tour of the African nation. He was included in the Indian squad only because the Indian selectors had decided to send a second-string team on the tour with the dual aim of resting India’s senior players during a busy season and testing out the country’s bench strength. Inconsistent batting performances on the domestic circuit and indifferent form in the IPL throughout his career have meant that, as of May 2021, Mandeep had been unable to add to his 3 international appearances.
Jalandhar, Punjab, India
Jalandhar, Punjab, India
- Father – Sardar Hardev Singh (Former Athletics Coach) (d. October 2020)
- Siblings – Harvinder Singh (Older Brother)
- 23 – T20 International (T20I), Kings XI Punjab (IPL)
- 9, 23 – Royal Challengers Bangalore (IPL)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mandeep has dated –
- Jagdeep Jaswal (2016-Present) – Mandeep had married an entrepreneur named Jagdeep Jaswal in 2016. They have a son together named Rajveer Singh (b. January 16, 2021).
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Sports a trimmed beard
Mandeep Singh Facts
- In July 2012, Mandeep was included in the list of 30 probable players for India at the 2012 ICC World T20. However, he had failed to make it into the final squad of 15 players that had represented India at the tournament.
- His inclusion in the probable list had come on the back of a spectacular IPL season a couple of months ago. He had scored 432 runs in 16 matches for Kings XI Punjab and was the team’s leading run-scorer that season. For his performances, he was also presented with the ‘Rising Star of the Tournament’ Award.
- He was the leading run-scorer in the 2015–16 season of the Vijay Hazare Trophy (India’s premier domestic one-day cricket competition), recording 394 runs from just 7 matches. It was this performance that had helped him get selected for India’s upcoming tour of Zimbabwe where he had made his international debut for India.
- During South Africa A’s tour of India in August 2015, he was involved in a rather interesting situation. 4 players of the South African squad had been afflicted with a stomach bug and were suffering from cramps. Consequently, they were 1 player short of completing their playing XI and had to borrow Mandeep to play for them who was serving as the 12th man for India A.
Featured Image by Mandeep Singh / Instagram