|Manish Raisinghan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 22, 1979|
Manish Raisinghan is a well-known Indian actor, model, professional kickboxer, photographer, and director who’s prominence in the Indian television industry has earned him several awards and an everlasting place deep down in the hearts of millions of fans. Some of his most notable appearances are as Sameer Manohar Gheewala in Teen Bahuraaniyaan (2007-2009) and as Siddhant Rajendra Bharadwaj / Aryan in Sasural Simar Ka (2011-2018). Besides, being an actor, Manish is also noted for the many short films he has directed and produced such as Almost (2016), Ankahee Baatein (2016), and many more. He is also noted for being a print and ramp model, who also grabbed a fourth place at the Grasim Mr. India contest in 2002. On the other hand, he also possesses black belts in karate, kung fu, and kickboxing and also holds the title as a 3 time National Champion in martial arts. Over time, Manish has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 400k followers on Facebook and more than 450k followers on Instagram.
Pinku, Monu, Mannya, Shin Chan
Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Manish attained a degree in mechanical engineering from Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Technology in the past.
Actor, Director, Kickboxer, Model, Photographer
- Father – Baldev Singh Raisinghani
- Mother – Pooja Raisinghani
- Siblings – He has a younger sister.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Manish has dated –
- Avika Gor (2011-2018) – Manish and actress Avika Gor met one another for the first time for the shoot of Sasural Simar Ka in 2011. At the time, Avika was 13, while Manish was 32 years old. Over the years, the two grew close to one another as they would spend most of their time with one another on set. Following their on-screen fondness for each other, rumors about the duo dating started to emerge. Despite having an age difference of almost 19 years, Avika and Manish seem to be very happy in the company of each other. However, due to the rumors, Manish had initially started to maintain his distance from Avika thinking it was the right thing to do at the time as he felt vulnerable. However, in 2018, Avika and Manish both opened up about the rumors being false and Avika also stated “Manish is just a few years younger than my father, so there is no scope for any romantic involvement. We share a unique bond of friendship, which is inexplicable. It is based on understanding, respect, honesty, and maturity. We are BFFs and he is a strong support system”. Following their public statement, the rumors were put to an end. However, they remain close friends. Avika has also given him a cute nickname, Shin Chan (A cartoon character).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Sindhi heritage.
- Athletic physique
- Innocent Smile
Manish has done endorsement work for several brands such as –
- TT Inner
- Real Viera
- Gilbey’s Green Label
Best Known For
- Being cast as Siddhant Rajendra Bharadwaj / Aryan in Sasural Simar Ka (2011-2016), Sameer Manohar Gheewala in Teen Bahuraaniyaan (2007-2009), Sunny Shetty in Waaris (2008), and as Aditya Kothari in Hum Dono Hain Alag Alag (2009)
- Having earned recognition for his short films at the Cannes Film Festival and the Berlin International Film Festival
- Winning several awards such as the ITA Popular Rishtey-Naate Award in 2015, Golden Petal Award for “Best Actor in a Supporting Role” in 2016, and The International Iconic Award for “Most Prominent Actor” in 2018
- Competing at the Grasim Mr. India contest and winning 3 preliminary rounds for “Mr. Photogenic”, “Mr. Best Smile”, and “Mr. Best Dressed Male” in 2002
- Being a black belt holder the art of karate, kung fu, and kickboxing, as well as a 3 time national champion of martial arts
Manish made his debut theatrical film appearance as a friendly guest star in the film Heroine in 2012.
First TV Show
He made his debut TV show appearance as Anish Apoorva Sikand on Kaahin Kissii Roz in 2002.
Manish does go to the gym on a regular basis. He focuses mainly on building a muscular body frame. A few of the exercises that he includes in daily workout routine are jump squats, sledgehammer exercise, and various parkour regimes.
His trainer as of 2014 was celebrity trainer Jatin Patel.
Manish Raisinghan Favorite Things
- Color – Black
- Bahu – Roli of Sasural Simar Ka (2011-2016)
- Destination – Switzerland, Goa, Pune
Manish Raisinghan Facts
- Growing up, Manish was quite an introvert.
- His parents were quite supportive of his choice but considered education to be his first priority. This is why Manish holds a degree in mechanical engineering.
- Manish’s mother nicknamed him Monu.
- Prior to becoming an actor, Manish worked as a ramp and print model. In 2002, he grabbed the 4th place at the Grasim Mr. India contest. Through the contest, he won 3 titles – “Mr. Photogenic”, “Mr. Best Smile”, and “Mr. Best Dressed Male”.
- In the past, Manish had legally gotten the last alphabet “i” in his surname “Raisinghani” removed. The reason for this change according to him was numerology.
- By profession, Manish is a mechanical engineer.
- Manish once stated that he was a black belt holder in kung fu, karate, and kickboxing. On the other hand, Manish also won the national championship in martial arts thrice. He additionally won the qualifying rounds during the martial arts world championship 4 times. However, his dreams came to an end due to insufficient funds.
- Manish is a district level roller-skating champion.
- In 2014, Manish contracted malaria while on the set of Sasural Simar Ka. The handsome hunk caught the deadly disease while he was acting and was soon rushed off to the hospital where he spent 6 days and a few more at his place in Pune.
- Through 2016 and 2017, Manish gained a significant reputation for his short films at the Cannes Film Festival. In 2017, he also won an award for “Best Film” at the Berlin International Film Festival along with several nominations.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image Manish Raisinghan / Instagram