|Måns Zelmerlöw Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 13, 1986|
Måns Zelmerlöw is a Swedish pop singer, songwriter, model, actor, and television presenter. His discography comprises of albums and tracks like Barcelona Sessions, Heroes, Stand by For…, Christmas with Friends, Perfectly Damaged, Kära vinter, MZW, Time, Chameleon, Miss America, Work of Art (Da Vinci), December, Impossible, Run for Your Life, Should’ve Gone Home, Hanging on to Nothing, Alone on Christmas Eve, Mirror, Fire in the Rain, Glorious, Happyland, Brother Oh Brother, and Better Now. Moreover, he finished 5th in Idol 2005, won the 1st season of Let’s Dance, and won Melodifestivalen in 2015.
Måns Petter Albert Sahlén Zelmerlöw
Lund, Scania, Sweden
Måns attended gymnasium school in Lund, where he studied music. There, he was a part of the school choir project.
Singer, songwriter, actor, model, TV presenter
- Father – Sven-Olof Zelmerlöw (Surgeon)
- Mother – Birgitta Sahlén (Professor at Lund University)
- Siblings – Fanny Zelmerlöw (Younger Sister)
- Others – Börje Jonas Henning Zelmerlöw (Paternal Grandfather), Kirsten Ester Maria Malé (Paternal Grandmother), Sven Folke Arne Sahlén (Maternal Grandfather), Gunborg Anna Maria Liv (Maternal Grandmother)
Måns has been signed to Warner Music Sweden AB, Record Label, Stockholm, Sweden.
His net worth had been $10 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
70 kg or 154 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Måns Zelmerlöw has dated –
- Marie Serneholt (2008–2011) – In the period from 2008 to 2011, Måns was in a relationship with Marie Serneholt, the former member of the Swedish band, A-Teens.
- Ciara Janson (2016-Present) – In the year 2016, he started going out with British actor Ciara Janson and they later announced their engagement. In December 2017, it was announced that they were expecting a child together. On May 25, 2018, it was announced that they have been blessed with a son named Albert. On September 5, 2019, they got married.
Race / Ethnicity
Måns Zelmerlöw is of Swedish and Danish descent.
- Deep voice
Zelmerlöw has appeared in a toothbrush commercial on Swedish televisions.
Best Known For
Zelmerlöw is best known for winning the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in Austria. He represented Sweden with the song “Heroes.” First, Måns performed in the semifinals where he finished first and qualified for the final. In the finals, Zelmerlöw finished at first place by winning a total of 365 points, 62 more than Polina Gagarina (Russia) who in the end, finished second.
First TV Show
He had his first television appearance on the music reality show Idol in 2005, in which he showed up in a total of 5 episodes.
Måns Zelmerlöw Facts
- He won the first season of Let’s Dance (a Swedish dance competition featuring celebrities).
- From 2011 to 2013, he was the host of Allsång på Skansen.
- He won Melodifestivalen in 2015.
- In 2002, Måns played one of the brothers in the musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in Malmö.
- Zelmerlöw first showed up in the second season of the Swedish version of Idol and finished in fifth place (he stayed for eight weeks on the show).
- Måns loves football, golf, and tennis.
- When the Indian Ocean earthquake struck on December 26, 2004, Zelmerlow and his family were on a vacation in Khao Lak, Thailand. They all survived the natural catastrophe.
- There were death threats sent towards Måns, who in 2015 posted a photo of him lying on an object which was similar to the Albanian flag. He later apologized and removed the photo saying that he had no idea what the object was.
- On June 3, 2015, he released his 6th studio album titled Perfectly Damaged via Warner Music Sweden. The album peaked at number #1 on the Swedish Albums (Sverigetopplistan) chart, at number #24 on the Swiss Albums (Schweizer Hitparade) chart, and at number #46 on the German Albums (Official Top 100) chart. It was certified ‘Gold’ by Grammofonleverantörernas förening (GLF) (or the Swedish Recording Industry Association).
- He appeared as a guest in Pluras kök (Swedish cooking show) in which he commented that homosexuality is not natural biologically, because it doesn’t lead to reproduction. However, he later apologized and said that it was a miscommunication.
- You may want to check Måns’s official website @ mzw.se.