|Marc Gené Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 29, 1974|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Marc Gené is a professional Spanish racing driver who is perhaps best known as a test driver for Williams Grand Prix Engineering Limited and Scuderia Ferrari in Formula One. Other than that, he is a race car driver for Minardi Formula One and a factory driver for Peugeot‘s Le Mans team.
Marc Gené i Guerrero
He graduated from The University Of Buckingham in England in 1995, with a degree in Economics.
Professional Racing Driver
- Siblings – Jordi Gené Guerrero (Older Brother) (Professional Racing Driver)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marc is a proud father to sons Siena and Patrick.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Spanish ancestry.
Salt & Pepper
- Masculine facial features
- Tall physical appearance
He has appeared in commercials for various brands including Euromaster.
Marc Gené Favorite Things
- Books – The Inheritance of the Earth, The Pillars of the Earth
Source – MarcGené.com
Marc Gené Facts
- He was just 13 years old when he started driving a go-kart and even went on to win the Catalunya Championship.
- In 1988, Marc bagged his first national championship as a go-kart racer and 2 years later, in 1990, he became the youngest person to be awarded the Spanish Karting Championship in the senior category.
- He started competing in the single-seater category in 1992, at the Spanish Formula Ford Championship and managed to attain 5th place overall.
- In the year 1996, he was announced as the Champion of the II Golden Cup FISA Superfórmula.
- He was presented with the Open Fortuna by Nissan in 1998, for his impressive, 6 victories as well as 3 fast lap records.
- In 1999, he made his Formula One debut with Minardi and earned the first-ever point for the Italian racing team. Despite this, he left the group and joined Williams Grand Prix Engineering Limited in 2001, due to the shortage of financial and technical resources that Minardi had been facing at that time.
- Marc is multi-lingual and speaks in Catalan, Spanish, English, French, Italian, and German.
- His guilty pleasure is bread stuffed with tomato and ham as well as a dish called paellas that is cooked by his father.
Featured Image By David Merrett / Flickr / CC BY 2.0