|Marco Verratti Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 5, 1992|
Marco Verratti is an Italian professional soccer player who has represented, as a central midfielder, his hometown Italian club Delfino Pescara 1936 (2008–2012) and the French top-flight club Paris Saint-Germain F.C. (2012–Present). With the former club, he had won the Serie B title in the 2011–12 season. With Paris Saint-Germain F.C., he has won the Ligue 1 (2012–13, 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2017–18, 2018–19, 2019–20); the Coupe de France (2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18, 2019–20); the Coupe de la Ligue (2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18, 2019–20); and the Trophée des Champions (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020). He had also finished as the runner-up in the 2019–20 season of the UEFA Champions League. At the international level, he had represented Italy at the Under-19, Under-20, and Under-21 tiers before making his senior national team debut in August 2012. He was a member of the Italian squad that had finished as the runner-up at the 2013 UEFA European Under-21 Championship.
Pescara, Abruzzo, Italy
Paris, Île-de-France, France
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Fabrizio Verratti (Carpenter, Amateur Soccer Player (Retired))
- Mother – Lidia Cremonese (Housekeeper)
- Siblings – Stefano Verratti (Older Brother)
- 23, 10, 5, 4, 24, 21, 8, 6 – Italy
- 17, 16, 10, 92 – Delfino Pescara 1936
- 24, 12, 6, 16 – Paris Saint-Germain F.C.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marco has dated –
- Laura Zazzara (2008-2019) – Marco had started dating his childhood acquaintance Laura Zazzara in 2008 when he was just 16 years old. They eventually got married in 2015 and have 2 sons together named Tommaso Verratti (b. March 12, 2014) and Andrea Verratti (b. January 28, 2018). The pair had parted ways in 2019.
- Jessica Aidi (2019-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
He often tends to dye his hair blonde.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped hair
- Has a mole on his left cheek
- Often sports a light stubble
- Has both his hands covered in tattoos
Marco Verratti Facts
- A child prodigy, Marco had started his youth career at the age of just 8 with Manoppello (2000–2001). He had later played for Manoppello Arabona (2001–2006). As his talent became apparent, he was made offers to join the youth academies of major Italian clubs like Atalanta B.C. and Inter Milan. He had, however, chosen to join the youth team of his local club Delfino Pescara 1936 for just € 5k in 2006. 2 years later, he would join their senior team.
- For his performances in 2012, he had won the ‘Bravo Award’ and the ‘Serie B Footballer of the Year’. The former award (now-defunct) was presented annually by the Italian magazine Guerin Sportivo to the most outstanding young European soccer player.
- For his performance in the 2013 UEFA European Under-21 Championship, where Italy had finished as a runner-up, he was named in the ‘Team of the Tournament’.
- The UNFP (National Union of Professional Footballers), the main trade union for the French professional soccer players has honored him with the ‘Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year’ award in the 2013–14 season and the ‘Ligue 1 Foreign Player of the Year’ award in the 2014–15 season. He was also included in the ‘UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Year’ (2012–13, 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18, 2018–19).
- His nickname of ‘Gufetto’, which means little owl, was given to him by his ex-wife Laura Zazzara.
- He was tested positive for COVID-19 on April 2, 2021. He had recovered by the 11th of the month.
Featured Image by Marco Verratti / Instagram