|Margaret Odette Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 28, 1980|
Margaret Odette is a Haitian-American actress who burst into the spotlight after playing the part of Thea in the romantic comedy film Sleeping with Other People (2015). She gained further recognition by getting featured in several other movies including Boogie (2021) and by starring in a number of TV shows such as Instinct (2019). Margaret has amassed more than 70k followers on Instagram.
Euless, Texas, United States
She acquired an MFA at NYU Tisch Graduate Acting. Odette also attended the British American Dramatic Academy in England.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Haitian descent.
- Expressive eyes
- Cheerful smile
Margaret Odette Favorite Things
- Place/Scenery – The English countryside
Source – Instagram
Margaret Odette Facts
- She hails from New York City.
- She had been the first black woman to portray the role of Hero in the theater production of Much Ado About Nothing.
- Margaret has disclosed that when she had first read the script of the drama streaming television series S*x/Life, where she has essayed Sasha Snow since 2021, she was totally captivated and intoxicated by the entire thing. She has loved how her character is so much fun and feisty, with a lot of heart at the same time, and incredibly loyal. Margaret had found it wonderful to tap into somebody that dynamic and to display the deep, lasting, and nourishing friendship. She has been proud of the show that, unlike most programs on the small screen, brought the healthy female camaraderie into the TV landscape for a change.
- Margaret has affirmed that in S*x/Life, she got to go back and forth between the past younger version of herself, and the present, which offered many opportunities to create a meaningful arc and to discover a completely different landscape within New York. She had thoroughly enjoyed the innumerable party scenes. Margaret had relished how there was a plethora of playing she got to do as the program took place over the eight-year duration. She has recalled that although it had been thrilling, shooting out of sequence had been very challenging when she would get confused as to her identity.
- Odette has cherished the wardrobe of her character Sasha in S*x/Life so much that she has longed to keep the clothes. She has particularly adored the great floral robe that Sasha has worn a lot that the cast would refer to as the “hero robe,” that she has made her truly feel like a superstar when she has put it on. Margaret has marveled at how the patterns, the flow, and even the materiality of the outfit have perfectly encapsulated the energy of her character.
- She co-founded a community of African-American directors as well as actors named Homebase Theatre Collective. She also assisted in the forming of GABB, which has supported colored women who finished their training at NYU Tisch.
- Margaret has revealed that her friends have been her family and she has gained most of her sense of self-worth as well as purpose within the world because of her companionships.
Featured Image by Margaret Odette / Instagram