|Mario Götze Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||June 3, 1992|
Mario Götze is a German professional footballer who is best known for his career as an attacking midfielder for Bundesliga club Eintracht Frankfurt and the Germany national team. He has also played for teams like Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich, and PSV Eindhoven in the past. During the course of his career, Mario has won several tournaments such as DFB-Pokal, DFL-Supercup, FIFA World Cup, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup, Johan Cruyff Shield, UEFA European Under-17 Championship, and has been the recipient of honors like VDV‘s “Newcomer of the Season”, “Golden Boy”, and UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship‘s “Golden Player”.
Germany, Mario Götze, Super Mario
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Jürgen Götze (Professor at the Dortmund University of Technology)
- Mother – Astrid Götze
- Siblings – Fabian Götze (Older Brother) (Soccer Player), Felix Götze (Younger Brother) (Soccer Player)
Götze is signed with one of his relatives.
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
70 kg or 154 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mario Götze dated –
- Ann-Kathrin Brömmel (2011-Present) – In 2011, Mario began dating German model Ann Brommel. The couple got engaged in 2017 and tied the knot in May 2018. They welcomed a son in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Light Brown (Natural)
He prefers dying his hair with ‘blonde’ highlights.
Dark Brown hair
Mario has been endorsed by Nike, Beats, and Konami.
He has appeared in TV adverts for Nike Green Speed II together with other soccer players and in a TV commercial for Samsung Galaxy XI.
Best Known For
Being one of the most talented German footballers of all time.
He is best known for his playmaking skills, speed, football technique, and the sense for the game.
First Football Match
On November 21, 2009, Götze debuted for Borussia Dortmund in a 1-1 match against Mainz 05. He came in as a substitute for Jakub Blaszczykowski in the 88th minute of the game.
Götze had his debut for Bayern Munich on August 11, 2013 in a friendly 1-4 win over Gyori ETO. However, he played his first official league match for Bayern on August 24, 2013 against FC Nurnberg.
On November 17, 2010, Mario first played for Germany against Sweden.
- Holding on to the ball
- Playmaking skills
- Aerial duels
Mario was first seen in a sports documentary called The Team in 2014.
Other than that, Götze has not appeared in a feature film yet.
First TV Show
Other than soccer matches themselves, Mario has appeared in the TV series documentary Das aktuelle Sportstudio (2013) as himself in just one episode.
Mario Götze Facts
- Götze won the 2010-2011 Bundesliga trophy as a member of Borussia Dortmund.
- Mario began his career in the youth categories of SC Ronsberg, FC Eintracht Hombruch and Borussia Dortmund from where he was later added to the senior teams.
- On March 27, 2012, Götze extended his contract with Borussia which kept him in the club until 2016. The deal included a release clause if a club covers the transfer fee of at least €37 million.
- Götze won the 2012 DFB-Pokal with Borussia Dortmund after in the finals, they managed to beat Bayern Munich.
- On July 1, 2013, Mario moved to Bayern Munich after the German team had covered Götze’s buyout clause of €37 million. At that time, Mario became the most expensive German player of all time.
- Götze was a member of the German national team which won the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- On July 21, 2016, Götze returned to Borussia Dortmund and penned a new four-year deal. He had his comeback debut on September 11, 2016, in a 1-0 loss to RB Leipzig.
- He was present on the cover of Konami’s Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 video game.