|Marissa Jaret Winokur Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 2, 1973|
Marissa Jaret Winokur is an American actress, voiceover artist, theatre actress, dancer, singer, and producer who is best known for reprising the role of Tracy Turnblad in the Broadway musical titled Hairspray and this role also won her many awards in 2003 including the Tony Award for “Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical” and Drama Desk Award as well as Outer Critics Circle Award for “Outstanding Actress in a Musical”.
Marissa Jaret Winokur
New York City, New York, United States
Marissa Jaret Winokur studied at Fox Lane High School located in Bedford, New York and was also a cheerleader and captain of her high school soccer team. Later, she got enrolled at the American Musical and Dramatic Academy and graduated in 1993.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Dancer, Singer, Producer, Theatre Artist
- Father – Michael Winokur (Retired Architect)
- Mother – Maxine (Retired Teacher)
- Siblings – Rob Winokur (Older Brother), Marc Winokur (Older Brother), Vic Winokur (Older Sister)
- Others – S. J. Perelman (Great Uncle) (Author, Screenwriter), Nathanael West (Great Uncle) (Novelist, Screenwriter), Zoe Miller (Mother-In-Law), Gary Miller (Father-In-Law), Geneva Wasserman (Sister-In-Law), Murray Miller (Brother-In-Law) (Writer, Producer)
Marissa Jaret Winokur is managed by Valeo Entertainment, Talent Management Company, West Hollywood, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
5 ft or 152.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marissa Jaret Winokur has dated –
- Judah Miller (2006-Present) – She got married to producer, writer, and filmmaker, Judah Miller, on October 7, 2006, and they later decided to have a child via surrogacy. On July 22, 2008, their son Zev Isaac Miller was born and weighed in at 4 kg or 8 pounds 7 ounces and measured 21 inches or 53 cm long.
Race / Ethnicity
Marissa Jaret Winokur is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
Light Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair blonde.
- Curly hair
- Deep-set eyes
Marissa Jaret Winokur appeared in a TV commercial for TBS Superstation in the year 2000.
Marissa Jaret Winokur Favorite Things
- TV Show – Celebrity Big Brother
Source – E! Online
Marissa Jaret Winokur Facts
- She was raised in Bedford Village, New York.
- Marissa Jaret Winokur is a cervical cancer survivor and when she was diagnosed with the disease, she did not make the news public and only shared it with her immediate family because, at that time, she was working on Hairspray and was fearful of the fact that she might be replaced due to her condition. However, she received the required treatment and was cured.
- In 2017, she competed in the U.S. version of the British game show, Big Star’s Little Star, along with her son.
- She was cast as a contestant in the first installment of the American edition of Celebrity Big Brother and on February 25, 2018, she emerged as the winner of the show.
- As a producer, Marissa Jaret Winokur has worked on a couple of projects such as Off The Block with Ross and Marissa, Beautiful Girl, and All Stars.
Featured Image by Greg Hernandez / Flickr / CC BY 2.0