|Mark Chao Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10¾ in|
|Date of Birth||September 25, 1984|
Mark Chao is a Taiwanese-Canadian actor, model, and singer who is known for having been cast in a wide range of characters in films and shows like Chronicles of the Ghostly Tribe, Midnight Diner, Black & White: The Dawn of Justice, Detective Dee: The Four Heavenly Kings, Caught in the Web, and Black & White. Moreover, he has also branched out as a musician and has worked on songs such as We Are Not Opponents, Cry Like A Little Child, Rock n Roll Man, Ruffian and Hero, Me and You, and Stand By Me.
Zhao Youtíng, Chao Yu-ting
Mark Chao studied at the University of Victoria located in Greater Victoria, British Columbia, Canada and graduated with a double degree in Sociology and Economics.
Actor, Model, Singer
- Father – Allen Chao (Singer, Songwriter, Actor, TV Host)
- Mother – Dai Yiyu
- Siblings – John Chao (Older Brother)
Mark Chao is represented by –
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States
- Easy Entertainment
5 ft 10¾ in or 179.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mark Chao has dated –
- Gao Yuanyuan (2014-Present) – He got married to Chinese actress and model, Gao Yuanyuan in the year 2014 and the duo initially met on the set of the 2012 Chinese drama film, Caught in the Web, in which both of them starred along with actress Yao Chen. Mark Chao and Gao Yuanyuan have also been blessed with a child.
Race / Ethnicity
- High cheekbones
- Lean body
Mark Chao has done endorsement work for a couple of brands like H&M, Tiffany & Co., etc.
Mark Chao Facts
- After graduating from the University of Victoria, he started to pursue his dreams of establishing himself as an artist by working in the Taiwanese entertainment industry.
- In 2009, Mark Chao made his first TV show appearance by playing the role of Wu Yingxiong in an episode of the crime drama show, Black & White, in which he starred alongside the likes of Vic Chou, Ivy Chen, and Janine Chang.
- For his role in the series, Black & White, he won the 44th Golden Bell Award in the “Best Actor” category in 2009 and was also nominated at the 16th Shanghai Television Festival in the same category in 2010.
- Mark Chao made his first theatrical film appearance by portraying the character of Mosquito/Zhou Yiwen in the action crime drama film, Monga, in 2010. He was included in the film’s lead cast along with actor and model, Ethan Juan, and the film is set in 1980s Taipei.
- He won several awards and nominations for his role in Monga and some of them were 5th Asian Film Award in the “Best Newcomer” category, 11th Chinese Film Media Award in the “Best New Actor” category, and 54th Asia-Pacific Film Festival award in the “Best Actor” category.
- Mark appeared as Yang Shoucheng in the drama film, Caught in the Web, in 2012 and was honored with the 15th Huabiao Award in the “Outstanding Chinese Actor” category in 2013.
- Mark Chao starred as Hu Bayi in the 2015 Chinese 3D adventure action film, Chronicles of the Ghostly Tribe and won the award for “Best Actor” at the 7th China Image Film Festival.
Featured Image by Riina249 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0