|Mark Hamill Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 25, 1951|
Mark Hamill is an American actor, voice actor, and writer who attained global stardom as Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars films (1977-1983, 2015-2019). He has more than 4 million followers on Twitter and more than 5 million followers on Instagram.
Mark Richard Hamill
Oakland, California, United States
Due to his father’s navy postings, Mark attended several schools like Walsingham Academy, Poe Middle School, Hale Junior High School, James Madison High School, and Annandale High School.
As his family moved to Japan in his junior year, Mark enrolled at Nile C. Kinnick High School and graduated in 1969.
He majored in Drama from Los Angeles City College in California.
Actor, Voice Actor, Writer
- Father – William Hamill (U.S. Navy Captain)
- Mother – Virginia Hamill (née Johnson)
- Siblings – Patrick Hamill (Brother), Kim Hamill (Sister), Terry Hamill (Sister), Will Hamill (Brother), Jan Hamill (Sister), Jeanie Hamill (Sister)
- Others – William Hamill Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Helen Mumford (Paternal Grandmother), Luther Johnson (Maternal Grandfather), Alice Rhodes (Maternal Grandmother)
Mark is represented by Danis, Panaro & Nist Talent in California.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mark has dated –
- Anne Wyndham (1972-1973)
- Koo Stark (1976)
- Carrie Fisher (1977)
- Marilou York (1978-Present) – Mark tied the knot with Marilou York, a dental hygienist, on December 17, 1978. They have 3 kids together – sons Nathan Hamill (b. June 25, 1979), Griffin Hamill (b. March 4, 1983), and daughter Chelsea Hamill (b. July 27, 1988).
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, Scottish, Irish, Swedish, and Welsh ancestry.
His hair has turned salt-and-pepper due to his advancing age.
Mark has endorsed –
- March of Dimes (1977) (PSA)
- Marsh Supermarkets (1999)
Mark Hamill Favorite Things
- Films – King Kong, Duck Soup (1933), Psycho (1960), The Manchurian Candidate, A Hard Day’s Night (1964), The Wizard of Oz (1939)
- Characters On Star Wars – Darth Vader, R2D2
- Color – Green
- Actors – Laurel and Hardy, Marx Brothers, Sir Alec Guinness
- Star Wars Film – The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- Band – The Kinks
- Television Network – MeTV
- Film By Laurel And Hardy – A Chump at Oxford (1940)
- Episode On The Twilight Zone – Eye of the Beholder
- Batman Villain – The Riddler
- Episode From The Phil Silvers Show – A Mess Sergeant Just Can’t Win
Mark Hamill Facts
- He fractured his nose and left cheekbone in a car accident and underwent surgery in January 1977. As Mark was shooting The Empire Strikes Back at that time, legend grew that the Wampa scene (where he gets mauled by a monster) was added only to incorporate his changed facial features.
- He was turned down for the role of Mozart in the film, Amadeus (1984) as a result of being typecast as Luke Skywalker. The role eventually went to Tom Hulce.
- Mark has voiced several characters in animated series and video games like Joker in Batman: The Animated Series, Trickster in Justice League Unlimited, Maximus in Fantastic Four, etc.
- He supports Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. since 2017.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.0