|Mark Spicoluk Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 2, 1979|
Mark Spicoluk is a Canadian musician, entrepreneur, and lifestyle content creator who is better known as the vocalist and bassist of the punk rock band, Closet Monster. Before he turned into vlogging and began co-managing his YouTube channel Boho Beautiful with his wife Juliana, he used to appear as a judge on YTV’s The Next Star. He has been associated with punk superstar Avril Lavigne and his production has received credits on albums from numerous artists such as Abandon All Ships, Protest the Hero, Stereos, and DVBBS.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Musician, Lifestyle Content Creator, Entrepreneur
He self-manages himself.
Punk Rock, Pop Punk, Alternative Rock, Pop Rock
Bass Guitar, Vocals
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mark Spicoluk has dated –
- Juliana Spicoluk
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Canadian descent.
He often tends to dye his hair blonde.
Mark Spicoluk Favorite Things
- Pets – Dogs
Source – Instagram
Mark Spicoluk Facts
- In 1995, he established the indie punk rock label Underground Operations. The record label founded by Spicoluk is home to many bands including Abandon All Ships, Rob Moir, Diemonds, Skynet and Hands and Teeth, and many others.
- From 1997 to 2005, he played bass for his band Closet Monster. In his entire journey with Closet Monster, he acted as the bassist and vocalist of the band. With 7 albums and numerous tours attended during the band’s existence, every song and every release was co-written and co-produced by Spicoluk.
- In 2002, he started playing bass for punk rock musician Avril Lavigne. At that time, Spicoluk had also worked in helping Lavigne prepare for the launching of her first album Let Go.
- He used to work as an A&R Representative from 2007 to 2012 and was then promoted as an A&R Head for the Universal Music Canada. Spicoluk was also a personal A&R for actor-musician, Gene Simmons, at Simmons Records.
- In 2013, he co-founded the entertainment business service company Cloud Empire with artist manager Dan Hand.
- For 2 seasons from 2009 to 2011, Spicoluk appeared on MuchMusic’s reality show Disband. There, he discovered Stereos and went on to manage the band, making all of its members into one of the most successful artists in 2011.
- He’s vegan and has worked with different animal rights groups in Toronto, Canada, including Toronto Pig Save, Peta2, and Mercy for Animals.
- He took part in a public service announcement for Finding Fido in the past.
- He has hosted party events for the Montreal-based organization called F*ck Cancer. It’s an organization devoted to cancer research.
- His first band was Public Display which he formed with his high school friends in 1995 under the name Special Ed. The band performed all over Ontario and released its own self-titled CD in 1996. Shortly after its disbandment in 1997, Spicoluk joined Sum41 where he played bass before exiting again with Jon Marshall to form Closet Monster.
- He has appeared on the web show From Far And Wide which connects to Canada’s documenting homegrown music.
- On October 20, 2014, Spicoluk and his wife Juliana created a YouTube channel called Boho Beautiful, which speaks volumes of what they love and what they support – yoga, travels, vegan food, fitness, and soul optimization. This channel also flaunts Spicoluk’s life outside the limelight. The channel has amassed more than 1.5 million subscribers with more than 200 million combined views.
Featured Image by Mark Spicoluk / Instagram