|Lena Meyer-Landrut Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6¼ in|
|Date of Birth||May 23, 1991|
Lena Meyer-Landrut is a German singer, songwriter, and voice actor who shot to fame after representing Germany in the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 in Oslo, winning the contest with her song Satellite. Her discography also includes several albums, extended plays, and tracks like My Cassette Player, Good News, Optimistic, Kind, Taken by a Stranger, Crystal Sky, Stardust, Touch a New Day, Neon (Lonely People), If I Wasn’t Your Daughter, Better (with Nico Santos), Wild & Free, Mr. Arrow Key, Thank You, What a Man, Beat to My Melody, Don’t Lie to Me, Lost in You, Sólo Contigo (with Topic and Juan Magán), and Only Love, L. In addition to that, Lena has also worked in shows and movies including A Turtle’s Tale: Sammy’s Adventures, The Voice Kids, Tarzan 3D, Wonder Park, and Trolls.
Lena Johanna Therese Meyer-Landrut
Hanover, Lower Saxony, Germany
In June 2010, Lena Meyer-Landrut graduated with an Abitur diploma from the IGS Roderbruch Hannover, which is a comprehensive school.
She then got enrolled at the University of Cologne. She aimed to study philosophy and African studies at the university.
Singer, Songwriter, Voice Actor
- Father – Ladislas Meyer-Landrut
- Mother – Daniela Meyer-Landrut
- Siblings – She is the only child.
- Others – Bruno Andreas Meyer-Landrut (Paternal Grandfather) (West German Ambassador to USSR), Hanna Karatsony von Hodos (Paternal Grandmother) (Descendant of Hungarian nobility)
Lena Meyer-Landrut has been represented by –
- Die Agenten GmbH
- Be True GmbH, Company, Berlin, Germany
Pop, indie pop, electronic
USFO, Universal Music Germany, We Love Music
Her net worth had been $5 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 6¼ in or 168 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lena Meyer-Landrut has dated –
- Alexander Rybak (2009) – Lena Meyer was in a relationship with Norwegian singer-actor, Alexander Rybak in 2009. These dating RUMORs emerged from their cozy behavior at the Eurovision Song Contest when they were pictured sharing a quick kiss. In a 2010 interview, he revealed that he was still in touch with her.
- Edward Grimes (2011) – Lena started going out with singer and musician Edward Grimes after having grown close to him during the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest. They had reportedly met at Lena’s hotel before the contest, where they held a mock pillow fight for the cameras. Then, a couple of days later, the duo headed out for lunch as Edward tried to woo her with flowers. After the competition, Edward and Lena tried to solve long distance conundrum with Skype calls.
- Max K. von H – Lena finally owned up about dating the German basketball star in 2013. According to reports, they had been dating for quite some time. When they met, he was working with a TV Production Company called Brainpool and Lena was there for the shooting of Our star for Oslo. Soon after, they started dating and sometime later, they had started living together in Cologne. However, the duo eventually parted ways.
- Mark Forster (2020-Present) – She got married to German singer, songwriter, and television personality Mark Forster in December 2020 in a private ceremony. It was reported in early 2021 that they were ex[ecting their first child together and by February 2021, she had given birth to their first child, a boy.
Race / Ethnicity
Lena is of German, Baltic German, and Hungarian descent.
- Slim figure
- Extroverted personality
33-23-34 in or 84-58.5-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
Lena Meyer-Landrut has been seen in a series of adverts for the Opel Corsa car.
In 2016, she was made the brand ambassador for the Emma Mattresses.
Best Known For
- Having won the popular Eurovision Song Contest in 2010
- The popularity and commercial success of the song “Satellite” from the album, My Cassette Player
In May 2010, she released her debut studio album My Cassette Player which reached #1 on Austria and German music charts.
First TV Show
In 2009, Lena made a guest appearance in the crime drama series Richter Alexander Hold as Carola Tietge.
Lena hits the gym at least 4 times a week to keep her enviable figure in shape with an equal focus on cardio, strength training, and stretching for muscle mobility.
Overall, she feels her upper body is in better shape than the lower body due to which she puts extra focus on the latter with squat jumps being her favorite exercise as it works the majority of lower body muscles.
Now and then, she also likes doing boxing training.
Regarding diet, she doesn’t eat to lose weight. She focuses on eating right and healthy to provide sufficient energy for her workouts and daily activities.
She certainly isn’t a fan of low-carb and no-fat diets. She eats carbs and good fats such as avocado. In addition, she consumes fresh fruits and vegetables and superfoods such as linseed and chia seeds.
Lena Meyer-Landrut Facts
- Lena started taking dance lessons at the age of 5 in ballet, Hip Hop, and Jazz.
- Although she is one of the most famous female German singers, she didn’t receive any vocal training.
- She created history after all her three entries in Germany’s Eurovision Song Contest 2010 managed to debut in the top 5 of the German single charts. She was the first German artist to achieve the feat.
- She was able to successfully defend her title in the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest and became the third singer to do so.
- Her single Satellite, which helped her win the Eurovision title, managed to stay on the #1 position for five consecutive weeks.
- She can speak both English and German languages.
- On April 5, 2019, her 5th studio album titled Only Love, L was released through Polydor Records and it peaked at number #2 on the German Albums (Offizielle Top 100) chart, at number #4 on the Austrian Albums (Ö3 Austria) chart, and at number #14 on the Swiss Albums (Schweizer Hitparade) chart.