Lena Johanna Therese Meyer-Landrut
Hanover, Lower Saxony, Germany
In June 2010, Lena Meyer-Landrut graduated with an Abitur diploma from the IGS Roderbruch Hannover, which is a comprehensive school.
She then got enrolled at the University of Cologne. She aimed to study philosophy and African studies at the university.
- Father – Ladislas Meyer-Landrut
- Mother – Daniela Meyer-Landrut
- Siblings – She is the only child.
- Others – Andreas Meyer-Landrut (Paternal Grandfather) (West German Ambassador to USSR), Hanna Karatsony von Hodos (Paternal Grandmother) (Descendant of Hungarian nobility)
Lena Meyer-Landrut is represented by Die Agenten GmbH.
Pop, indie pop
USFO, Universal Music Germany
5 ft 5¼ in or 166 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lena Meyer-Landrut has dated –
- Alexander Rybak (2009) – Lena Meyer was in a relationship with Norwegian singer-actor, Alexander Rybak in 2009. These dating RUMORs emerged from their cozy behavior at the Eurovision Song Contest when they were pictured sharing a quick kiss. In a 2010 interview, he revealed that he was still in touch with her.
- Edward Grimes (2011) – Lena started going out with singer and musician Edward Grimes after having grown close to him during the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest. They had reportedly met at Lena’s hotel before the contest, where they held a mock pillow fight for the cameras. Then, a couple of days later, the duo headed out for lunch as Edward tried to woo her with flowers. After the competition, Edward and Lena tried to solve long distance conundrum with Skype calls.
- Max K. von H (2013-Present) – Lena finally owned up about dating German basketball star in 2013. According to reports, they had been dating for quite some time. When they met, he was working with TV Production Company called Brainpool and Lena was there for the shooting of Our star for Oslo. Soon after, they started dating and sometime later, they had started living together in Cologne.
Race / Ethnicity
Lena is of German, Baltic German and Hungarian descent.
- Slim figure
- Extroverted personality
33-23-34 in or 84-58.5-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
Lena Meyer-Landrut has been seen in a series of adverts for the Opel Corsa car.
In 2016, she was made the brand ambassador for the Emma Mattresses.
Best Known For
- Having won the popular Eurovision Song Contest in 2010.
- The popularity and commercial success of the song “Satellite” from the album, My Cassette Player.
In May 2010, she released her debut studio album My Cassette Player which reached #1 on Austria and German music charts.
First TV Show
In 2009, Lena made a guest appearance in the crime drama series Richter Alexander Hold as Carola Tietge.
Lena hits the gym at least 4 times a week to keep her enviable figure in shape with an equal focus on cardio, strength training, and stretching for muscle mobility.
Overall, she feels her upper body is in better shape than the lower body due to which she puts extra focus on the latter with squat jumps being her favorite exercise as it works the majority of lower body muscles.
Now and then, she also likes doing boxing training.
Regarding diet, she doesn’t eat to lose weight. She focusses on eating right and healthy to provide sufficient energy for her workouts and daily activities.
She certainly isn’t a fan of low carb and no fat diets. She eats carbs and good fats such as avocado. In addition, she consumes fresh fruits and vegetables and superfoods such as linseed and chia seeds.
Lena Meyer-Landrut Facts
- Lena started taking dance lessons at the age of 5 in ballet, Hip Hop, and Jazz.
- Although she is one of the most famous female German singers, she didn’t receive any vocal training.
- She created a history after all her three entries in Germany’s Eurovision Song Contest 2010 managed to debut in top 5 of the German single charts. She was the first German artist to achieve the feat.
- She was able to successfully defend her title in the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest and became the third singer to do so.
- Her single Satellite, which helped her win Eurovision title, managed to stay on #1 position for five consecutive weeks.
- She can speak both English and German languages.