|Chinmayi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 10, 1984|
Chinmayi is an Indian singer, voice actor, TV presenter, and radio jockey who has predominantly lent her vocals to songs in films made in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Tulu languages. She has also recorded several songs in languages such as Hindi, Marathi, and Kannada. As of June 2022, she had recorded more than 1,000 songs in 8 different languages. As of June 2022, she had won 3 Tamil Nadu State Film Awards, 4 Nandi Awards, 4 Filmfare Awards South, and 2 South Indian International Movie Awards. Over the course of her career, she has also worked as a voice/dubbing artist in more than 75 Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, and Marathi films. She has hosted/presented competitive singing-based TV shows like Airtel Super Singer (2006, 2008), Airtel Super Singer Junior (2007), Chhote Ustaad (2010), and Sangeetha Mahayuddham (2010).
Chinmayee, Indai Haza
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
She splits her time between Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, and Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
Chinmayi, after her high school graduation, joined the University of Madras, a public state university in Chennai. She attained a Bachelor of Science degree in psychology from there.
Singer, Voice Actor, TV Presenter, Radio Jockey
- Father – Sripada
- Mother – T. Padmhasini
- Others – Dr. Sripada Pinakapani (Paternal Grandfather) (Doctor, Administrator, Professor, Musician, Padma Bhushan awardee) (d. March 2013), Rohit Ravindran (Brother-in-Law) (Professional Photographer), Vasumathi Ravindran (Mother-in-Law), Ravindran (Father-in-Law)
Indian Classical, Filmi, Carnatic, Pop
- Times Music
- WorldWide Records
- Nadham Music Media
- Sruthilaya Audio Recording Co.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Chinmayi has dated –
- Rahul Ravindran (2013–Present) – Chinmayi began dating Indian actor, director, and screenwriter Rahul Ravindran in June 2013. The couple got married on May 5, 2014, and have a pair of twins – a boy named Sharvas and a girl named Driptah (b. June 2022). She had these twins after a miscarriage.
Race / Ethnicity
- Slender frame
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
In 2012, Chinmayi’s first TV commercial, for Dheepam Oil, was released in all 4 major South Indian languages (Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada).
- A child prodigy, Chinmayi earned the CCRT (Centre for Cultural Resources and Training) (an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Culture of the Government of India) Scholarship for Young Talent for Carnatic Music at the age of 10.
- In 2000, she was honored with a ‘Gold’ medal by All India Radio (the national public radio broadcaster of India) for her proficiency in singing ghazals (a form of amatory poem/ode). 2 years later, she was awarded a ‘Silver’ medal for her proficiency in Hindustani classical music.
- She was academically strong as well and had held jobs, during her school life, with IT-based companies like Sify and studentconcepts.org.
- Her career kicked off after she won a competitive singing-based TV show called Saptasawarangal. Soon after this, she was introduced to the legendary music composer A. R. Rahman and her playback singing career began when she lent her voice to a track titled Oru Dheivam Thanta Poove, composed by Rahman, for the 2002 Indian Tamil-language musical war film Kannathil Muthamittal.
- In the mid-2000s, in parallel with her singing career, she used to work as a radio jockey on Aahaa FM 91.9 in Chennai, on a breakfast show called Aahaa Kaapi Klub.
- In 2011, she launched the Chinmayi Sripada App which made her the first female singer in the world to have an exclusive app for both iOS and Android devices.
- Besides her prolific singing career, she is also an accomplished entrepreneur. She is the founder and CEO of a translation services company called Blue Elephant.
- She is also a versatile dancer and mostly practices Odissi, a major ancient Indian classical dance that originated in the Hindu temples of the eastern Indian coastal state of Odisha.
- A polyglot, she is fluent in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, English, Marathi, Bengali, and German.
Featured Image by Chinmayi / Instagram