|Rahul Ravindran Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 23, 1981|
Rahul Ravindran is an Indian actor, film director, and screenwriter who has predominantly worked in films made in the Telugu language. He has also worked in a few films made in the Tamil language. He is best known for his work in films such as Moscowin Kavery (2010), Vinmeengal (2012), Andala Rakshasi (2012), Ala Ela (2014), Tiger (2015), Hyderabad Love Story (2018), and Shyam Singha Roy (2021). Rahul made his directorial debut with the Telugu-language romantic film titled Chi La Sow (2018). He also served as the film’s screenwriter for which he won a National Award in the category of ‘Best Original Screenplay’. He has also written and directed the 2019 Indian Telugu-language romantic comedy film titled Manmadhudu 2.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
He splits his time between Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, and Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
Rahul had attended the Vidya Mandir Senior Secondary School in his hometown of Chennai. After his high school graduation, he earned a bachelor’s degree in commerce. He later obtained a master’s degree in business management.
Actor, Film Director, Screenwriter
- Father – Ravindran
- Mother – Vasumathi Ravindran
- Siblings – Rohit Ravindran (Younger Brother) (Professional Photographer)
- Others – Sripada (Father-in-Law), T. Padmhasini (Mother-in-Law), Dr. Sripada Pinakapani (Grandfather-in-Law) (Doctor, Administrator, Professor, Musician, Padma Bhushan awardee) (d. March 2013)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rahul has dated –
- Chinmayi (2013–Present) – Rahul began dating Indian singer, voice actor, TV presenter, and radio jockey Chinmayi in June 2013. The couple got married on May 5, 2014, and have a pair of twins – a boy named Sharvas and a girl named Driptah (b. June 2022). Chinmayi had these twins after a miscarriage.
Race / Ethnicity
- Slender frame
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a thin beard
Rahul Ravindran Facts
- Rahul, after attaining his master’s degree in business management, began working as an assistant brand manager for a leading media company in Mumbai, the financial capital of India.
- While he was dining at a restaurant in Mumbai, he was spotted by a talent agent who offered him an audition for a TV commercial that was to be directed by noted film director Dibakar Banerjee. Rahul attended the audition and went on to be featured in that TV commercial.
- The success of the aforementioned TV commercial fetched him more such opportunities. Around this time, he also began dubbing in the Tamil language for cartoons and children’s TV shows.
- He soon quit his day job and returned to Chennai, hoping to find some work as an assistant director. Before he could begin his struggle in Chennai, noted cinematographer, filmmaker, producer, and writer Ravi Varman, impressed by his work in TV commercials, invited him to audition for an upcoming romantic drama film titled Moscowin Kavery.
- Rahul was eventually selected for the role of the film’s male lead. Due to Ravi’s scheduling conflicts, owing to his pending projects as a cinematographer, production for the film stalled for a long time. The film was eventually released in August 2010 and despite the film getting unanimously poor reviews from critics, Rahul was appreciated for his debut performance.
Featured Image by Rahul Ravindran / Instagram