|Marques Brownlee Quick Info
|6 ft 3 in
|Date of Birth
|December 3, 1993
Marques Brownlee is an American YouTuber who has gained recognition for his technology-focused videos and has been acknowledged as one of the best gadget reviewers in the world. He has been conferred with numerous awards including the Shorty Award for “Creator of the Decade” in 2018. His channel, which has been rated as one of the best tech-based channels on the internet, has amassed more than 10 million subscribers and more than 1.5 billion views and he has garnered more than 2 million followers on Instagram.
Marques Keith Brownlee
Maplewood, New Jersey, United States
Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
He went to Columbia High School and got enrolled in the Howe School at Stevens Institute of Technology with Business and Information Technology as his major subject and Information System and Marketing as his minor. He graduated from college in May 2015.
YouTuber, Tech Blogger, Podcaster
- Father – Marlon Brownlee (IT Consultant)
- Mother – Jeaniene Brownlee
- Siblings – Simone Brownlee (Sister)
His mother is his business manager.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Nikki Hair
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Tall stature
- Shapely lips
He has endorsed several brands such as –
- Nike Kobe 11
- Steph Curry
Marques Brownlee Favorite Things
- Colors – Red, Black
- Lucky Number – 82
- Sports – Frisbee, Golf
- Shoe Brand – Jordan 1s
- Songs – DJ remix by Madeon, Push And Rise Illmerica by Wolfgang Gartner, Lost At Sea by Zedd, Human After All by Daft Punk, Me And You by Nero
- Music Artist Of All Time – Wolfgang Gartner
Marques Brownlee Facts
- His channel’s name MKBHD which is also his stage name stands for “Marques Keith Brownlee High Definition”.
- He began to post videos on YouTube only as a hobby.
- He began his YouTube career when he was only 15 years old and uploaded his first video in 2008.
- Brownlee became a full-time YouTuber soon after graduating from college. His videos were created and produced at his apartment until he relocated in 2016, after which he started working out of a studio in Kearny, New Jersey, using RED video equipment.
- Some of the first videos he made were on golf. Himself being a golf player, he showed some of his swings in the videos.
- The HP Pavilion DV 70 was the first desktop he used and this was also the product that he first reviewed. Initially, he used to review hardware and free software and gradually he moved on to reviewing iPhones, accessories, and other gadgets available in the market.
- Brownlee has directed and appeared himself in the Youtube show Reto Tech where he has uncovered the origin and nostalgia of iconic tech.
- Always a tech enthusiast, he has owned a Tesla Model S P100D and he has often featured it in his channel.
- He has been a professional Ultimate Frisbee player. He began playing the game when he was in his 8th standard.
- Although Brownlee has been engaging and direct in the videos on his channel, in real life he has been an introvert and a quiet person.
- He has stated that he has always tried to make technical, watchable, and easily viewable videos. He has been well aware of the challenge present as both experts as well as people just getting into tech may be seeing them.
- Marques was included in the 2021 Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list of social media stars.
Featured Image by Marques Brownlee / Instagram