|Marta Ortega Pérez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 10, 1984|
|Spouse||Carlos Torretta Echeverría|
Marta Ortega Pérez is a Spanish business executive who was appointed the chairperson of Inditex (a Spanish multinational clothing company regarded as the biggest fast fashion group in the world) in December 2021. The company, whose flagship brand is Zara, is formally registered as Industria de Diseño Textil, S.A., and operates more than 7,000 stores worldwide. Besides Zara, Inditex owns numerous other brands such as Zara Home, Bershka, Massimo Dutti, Oysho, Pull&Bear, Stradivarius, Uterqüe, and Lefties. In April 2022, Marta became the president of Inditex.
Marta Ortega Pérez
The Zara Heiress
Vigo, Pontevedra, Galicia, Spain
La Coruña, Galicia, Spain
Marta initially studied in La Coruña, a city and municipality of Galicia, an autonomous community in Spain. She then continued her baccalaureate education in Switzerland.
In the mid-2000s, she joined a premier university in London, England. There, she studied business (with a specialty in international entrepreneurship) and graduated in 2007.
- Father – Amancio Ortega (Businessman, Philanthropist, Founder and Former Chairman of Inditex)
- Mother – Flora Pérez Marcote (Former Employee of Inditex)
- Others – Marcos Ortega Mera (Older Half-Brother), Sandra Ortega Mera (Older Half-Sister) (Businesswoman, Socialite, Philanthropist), Pablo Gómez (Half-Brother-in-Law), Martiño Gómez Ortega (Half-Nephew-in-Law), Antía Gómez Ortega (Half-Niece-in-Law), Uxía Gómez Ortega (Half-Niece-in-Law), Antonio Ortega Rodríguez (Paternal Grandfather) (Railway Worker), Josefina Gaona Hernández (Paternal Grandmother) (Housemaid), Antonio Ortega Gaona (Paternal Uncle), Josefa Ortega Gaona (Paternal Aunt), Pilar Ortega Gaona (Paternal Aunt), Julio César Álvarez (Ex-Father-in-Law), Margarita Moya Zamora (Ex-Mother-in-Law), Julio Álvarez Moya (Ex-Brother-in-Law), Roberto Torretta (Father-in-Law) (Fashion Designer)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marta has dated –
- Sergio Álvarez Moya (2012-2015) – Marta married Spanish equestrian Sergio Álvarez Moya in 2012 and they have a son together named Amancio Álvarez Ortega. The couple parted ways in 2015.
- Carlos Torretta Echeverría (2017-Present) – Marta began dating an Inditex public relations employee named Carlos Torretta Echeverría in 2017. Previously, Carlos used to work as an agent at a modeling agency in New York. The couple got married in November 2018 and have a daughter together named Matilda Torretta Ortega (b. 2020).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Spanish descent.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Marta Ortega Pérez Facts
- In 2007, soon after her graduation from the University of London, Marta started working for Inditex, a Spanish multinational clothing company founded by her father, Amancio Ortega, in June 1985.
- She first worked as a shop assistant at the Chelsea (an affluent area in West London, England) store of Zara, the flagship brand of Inditex. Thereafter, she moved to other locations – including her home country of Spain – and worked in multiple departments of Inditex.
- Marta eventually ended up at the Inditex headquarters in Arteijo, Spain, where she worked in the women’s product and design department. In Arteijo, she also helped out the company’s public relations department.
- In 2015, she was appointed to the board of directors of the Amancio Ortega Foundation. In late 2021, it was announced that she would become the president of Inditex in April 2022.
Featured Image by Marta Ortega Pérez / Instagram