|Martin Gore Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7¾ in|
|Date of Birth||July 23, 1961|
Martin Gore is an English songwriter, musician, singer, record producer, guitarist, remixer, keyboardist, and DJ who is known for being one of the founding members of the electronic rock band Depeche Mode, which has released a wide range of discography including albums like Construction Time Again, Speak & Spell, Some Great Reward, Music for the Masses, Songs of Faith and Devotion, and Violator. He has also worked as a solo artist and for his “International Achievement”, he received the Ivor Novello Award from the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers, and Authors in 1999.
Martin Lee Gore
Dagenham, Essex, England, United Kingdom
Santa Barbara, California, United States
Martin Gore attended Nicholas Comprehensive.
Songwriter, Musician, Singer, Record Producer, Guitarist, Remixer, Keyboardist, DJ
- Father – He was an African-American G.I. stationed in Britain.
- Mother – Pamela Margaret Gore (Worked at the Ford of Britain motor plant in Dagenham)
- Others – David Gore (Stepfather) (Worked at the Ford of Britain motor plant in Dagenham), Jacqueline Gore Hyde (Younger Half-Sister), Karen Gore Oldfield (Younger Half-Sister)
He is represented by Columbia Records, Record Label, London, England, United Kingdom.
Alternative Dance, Synth-Pop, New Wave, Alternative Rock
Guitar, Vocals, Synthesizer, Sampler, Bass Guitar, Piano, Melodica
Mute, Sire Records, Reprise Records
5 ft 7¾ in or 172 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Martin Gore has dated –
- Anne Seedwell (1979-1982)
- Cristina Friedrich (1984-1987)
- Suzanna Boisvert (1989-2006) – After meeting in Paris, he started going out with lingerie designer and model Suzanne Boisvert in the year 1989 and the duo got married in August 1994. They parent 3 children – daughters Viva Lee Gore (b. June 6, 1991) and Ava Lee Gore (b. July 1995) and a son named Kalo (b. July 27, 2002). They divorced in 2006.
- Adelle Linau (2006-2008)
- Castira Twigg (2008-2009)
- Kerrilee Kaski (2011-Present) – He started dating Kerrilee Kaski in 2011 and they got married in June 2014. The duo has been blessed with 2 daughters, namely, Johnnie Lee (b. February 19, 2016) and Mazzy Lee (b. March 13, 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Black)
He is of African-American and English descent.
- Tenor singing voice
- Curly hair
- Flamboyant and (sometimes) androgynous stage persona
Martin Gore Facts
- He was 13 years old when he learned that his stepfather wasn’t his biological father.
- He was around 40 years old when he learned that his biological father was black.
- In 1983, Martin Gore became a vegetarian for health and moral reasons.
- On April 28, 2003, he released his first full-length solo studio album, Counterfeit².
- He is fluent in German.
- He has acknowledged his past alcoholism.
- Martin Gore believes that the songs related to issues like solitude and loneliness are closer to reality than the ones with a “happy” tone.
- As a member of Depeche Mode, he was inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2020.
Featured Image by Danny Darko / English Wikipedia / CC BY-SA 3.0