|Martino Rivas Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 10, 1985|
Martino Rivas is a Spanish actor who is best known for portraying roles such as Marcos Novoa Pazos in The Boarding School, Carlos Cifuentes in Las Chicas del Cable, Lalo in The Blind Sunflowers. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as SMS: Sin miedo a soñar, El don de Alba, Por un puñado de besos, Tres bodas de más, and Sé quién eres. His theatre credits include plays like Drácula. For his acting skills, Martino has been honored with numerous awards such as the EP3 Award and Vieira de Plata Award.
Martiño Rivas López
Vimianzo, A Coruña, Galicia, Spain
Rivas did his schooling at a high school in London.
He pursued audiovisual communications from the University of Santiago de Compostela in Santiago de Compostela, Galicia, Spain.
- Father – Manuel Rivas (Writer, Poet, and Journalist)
- Mother – María Isabel López Mariño
- Siblings – Sol Rivas (Sister)
- Others – María Rivas (Aunt)
He is managed by Dalzell & Beresford Ltd.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Martino Rivas dated –
- Sara Casasnovas – Martino and actress Sara Casasnovas were in a relationship and split in 2008.
- Irene Escolar (2008-Present) – Martin and actress Irene Escolar first met on the sets of Los girasoles ciegos or The Blind Sunflowers (2008). The two are still in a relationship currently.
Race / Ethnicity
Grey / Green
- His Eyes
- Speaks Spanish with a Galician accent
8 (US) or 41 (EU)
In 2010, Martino modelled for Spanish fashion designer Purificación García’s Spring / Summer collection with Ángela Molina.
Best Known For
He is best known for playing the character of Marcos Novoa Pazos in the Antena 3 TV series The Boarding School or El internado from 2007 to 2010 and for his role in the film The Blind Sunflowers or Los girasoles ciegos (2008) as Lalo.
His first feature film was Los girasoles ciegos or The Blind Sunflowers (in English) in 2008 as Lalo.
Before that, he was already seen in a short film Puzzle in 2004 where he played the role as a boy.
First TV Show
Rivas started his acting career as a child actor in 1998 with the Spanish TV series Mareas vivas or Live Tides where he appeared as Dani.
First Stage Performance
His debut stage performance was in Drácula (2011) as Jonathan Harker.
Martino Rivas Facts
- He supported the ONG Childhood Without Limits Foundation in 2007 with Yon González and Marta Torné.
- In 2010, Rivas was the spokesperson for Spanish fashion designer Purificación García.
- In 2010, he modeled for the renowned Spanish calendar Larios de la Moda.
- He can fluently speak Spanish, Galician, and English and faced criticism for speaking Spanish with a Galician accent.
- He was ranked at the 8th position among the Sexiest Spanish Actors in the 20 minutos list in 2011.