|Mary-Kate Olsen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||June 13, 1986|
Mary-Kate Olsen is an American fashion designer and former actress who started her acting career as a child actress by appearing in the role of Michelle Tanner along with her twin sister Ashley Olse in Full House. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as New York Minute, The Wackness, Beastly, Samantha Who?, When in Rome, Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle, New York Minute, The Simpsons, Getting There, Our Lips Are Sealed, Passport to Paris, How the West Was Fun, and many more. As a fashion designer, Mary-Kate and her sister Ashley own various fashion labels and retail collections such as The Row, Olsenboye, Elizabeth and James, and StyleMint. For her acting skills, she has won numerous awards such as the Young Artist Award and Kids’ Choice Award.
Sherman Oaks, California, U.S.
Her educational background is the same as that of her twin sister Ashley.
In 2004, she graduated from Campbell Hall School in California. After that, she was enrolled in New York University with her twin sister, but for a short time.
Actress, author, film producer, fashion designer, businesswoman
- Father – David Olsen (Real estate developer and mortgage banker)
- Mother – Jarnette “Jarnie” Jones (Personal Manager)
- Siblings – Ashley Olsen (Older Twin Sister), Trent Olsen (Older Brother), Elizabeth Olsen (Younger Sister) (Actress), Taylor Olsen (Younger Half-Brother), Jake Olsen (Younger Half-Brother)
- Others – McKenzie Olsen (Stepmother)
Thruline Entertainment, Inc.
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
49 kg or 108 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mary-Kate Olsen dated –
- Max Winkler (2002) – In 2002, she had a small relationship with the American film director, screenwriter, Max Winkler.
- David Katzenberg (2003-2004) – The high school sweethearts David (film producer) and Mary-Kate dated from June 2003 to August 31, 2004. They separated just a week before heading to their respective colleges.
- Ali Fatourechi (2004) – In the last quarter of 2004, the two of these dated together. Ali introduced “Genetic Denim” in 2006.
- Stavros Niarchos (2005-2007) – Greek socialite, Stavros, who is 6 ft 4 in tall commenced dating Olsen in April 2005. They, then engaged in 2006 and finally split in October 2007.
- Max Snow (2006-2007) – British socialite, who is the heir to the de Menil oil fortune was romantically linked to Olsen from October 2006 to April 2007.
- Heath Ledger (2007-2008) – She was RUMORed to be dating him during the ending days of Australian actor Heath Ledger. Heath died on January 22, 2008.
- Lapo Elkann (2008) – Italian businessman, Lapo Elkann was RUMORed to be in a relationship with Mary-Kate in 2008. They started dating in February 2008.
- Nate Lowman (2008-2010) – New York City artist, Nate Lowman was romantically linked to Olsen from October 2008 to February 2010.
- Dustin Yellin (2011) – Contemporary artist, Dustin Yellin was RUMORed to have had a fling in 2011.
- Olivier Sarkozy (2012-2020) – In April 2012, she started dating French businessman, Olivier Sarkozy (half-brother of former French president Nicolas Sarkozy). They also got engaged in February 2014. On November 27, 2015, they got married in New York City. But, in April 2020, Mary applied for a divorce from Olivier. On May 13, 2020, she filed for an emergency order but it was rejected the next day. Their divorce was finalized on January 25, 2021.
- She was spotted hanging out with a guy in October 2020. But, Mary said that he was just a friend.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Norwegian descent on her father’s side.
- Looks very similar to her twin sister Ashley.
- Wears giant sunglasses
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
5 (US) or 35.5 (EU)
- Badgley Mischka (with sister Ashley Olsen)
- Got Milk? (with sister Ashley)
- Mary-Kate and Ashley: Real fashion for real girls (Their own beauty line)
- McDonald’s (with twin sister Ashley)
Anglican / Episcopalian
Best Known For
Appearing in various television shows with her sister Ashley Olsen.
Mary-Kate appeared in her first movie in 1995 titled It Takes Two for her role as Amanda Lemmon. She starred in the film along with her twin sister Ashley.
Before this, she had appeared in three TV movies.
First TV Show
From 1987 to 1995, Mary-Kate Olsen and her twin sister Ashley were hired to appear in ABC’s sitcom Full House for her role as Michelle Tanner (It was a shared role). During this time, they appeared in a total of 191 episodes.
Mary-Kate keeps herself fit by performing yoga, cardio, and other exercises.
In 2012, the fashion designer and actress was also clicked working out with Sarkozy as reported by US Magazine.
Mary-Kate Olsen Facts
- Her parents divorced in 1995.
- She is the twin sister of Ashley Olsen, who is 2 minutes older than Mary.
- She, along with her sister Ashley is the CEO of the production company “Dualstar”. On their 18th birthday, the two sisters became the co-presidents of the group.
- With her sister Ashley, she had written a book Influence, which contains interviews with numerous fashion designers.
- She has a chocolate Labrador dog named Lucca. She has three horses named Western, Star, and Chocolate. Apart from this, Mary-Kate also owns a half chihuahua and half poodle mix dog named, Jack.
- She started horseback riding in 1992. She was 6 at that time.
- Mary was also on her school’s equestrian team.
- On November 20, 2007, she was reportedly hospitalized due to a kidney infection.
- She also participated in The American Gold Cup in New York in 2016.
- Mary has had an eating disorder and hence got treated for anorexia nervosa in mid-2004.
- Late actor Heath Ledger was a good friend of Mary.
- Along with Ashley Olsen, Mary launched the luxury fashion label, The Row in 2006. Their kids’ capsule collection was launched in September 2021.
- Just like her sister Ashley, she also does not have any Twitter and Facebook accounts.