|Michelle Young Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 3, 1993|
Michelle Young is an American television personality who burst into the spotlight in 2021 after she began to appear as a contestant on the 25th season of the dating and relationship reality TV show The Bachelor. She arrived in the 3rd week, along with 4 other surprise contestants, following the rose ceremony #2. She has garnered more than 150k followers on Instagram.
St. Louis Park, Minnesota, United States
She attended Minnesota’s Woodbury High School. She then went to Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois, graduating in 2015 with a degree in Elementary Education.
Television Personality, School Teacher, Former Division I Basketball Player
- Father – Ephraim Young
- Mother – LaVonne Young
- Siblings – Angela (Sister), Alex (Brother)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Michelle has dated –
- Nayte Olukoya (2021-2022) – Michelle met Nayte Olukoya on the 18th season of The Bachelorette and the couple got engaged in September 2021. In June 2022, the couple revealed that they had broken up.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Cheerful smile
- Shapely lips
Michelle Young Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Hiking, Wine tasting
- Passion – Food, having been very adventurous in life and in appetite in particular, with a habit of regularly checking out local food trucks that she has regarded as her favorite restaurants, and visiting ice cream parlors where she has enjoyed taste-testing ice cream flavors
Michelle Young Facts
- She played high school basketball, during which she set her school’s all-time season scoring record and received various honors for her skills on the court. While going to college at Bradley University, she was on the women’s basketball team from 2011 until 2015. She racked up a total of 1,062 points throughout her college career, becoming the 13th-highest scorer in the institution’s athletic history at the time. She also succeeded in maintaining impressive grades, and thus earned a place on the Bradley Athletic Director’s Honor Roll each of her 8 semesters as a student-athlete.
- Michelle played basketball on an athletic scholarship at Bradley University.
- Michelle has worked as an elementary school teacher in Bloomington, Minnesota, having been extremely dedicated to her job. She has cared a lot about her students and has proudly focused on molding the kids to be the next generation of community leaders.
- She has admitted that she has a tendency to overwork.
- Michelle has loved one-liners and has thrown them whenever possible, so much so that she has described herself to be a catchphrase queen.
- Although she has not been the youngest of the contestants in The Bachelor, she is a couple of years younger than the season lead Matt James.
- As a partner, she has described herself as loyal, caring, and supportive, who displays love through acts of service. She has stated that her ideal man is one who is confident but not arrogant, he is someone who is kind and encouraging and will consider her as his equal in all things.
- From October until December 2021, she appeared in the reality dating game show The Bachelorette where she met Nayte Olukoya and married. But, they separated later.
- Michelle has found the idea of hot tub dates to be too cliché.
- She has a serious sweet tooth and has shared posts on Instagram to reveal the same that has included an adorable photograph of herself holding a giant bowl of ice cream, clearly in bliss. She even added how she had tried to convince her parents that they had 2 stomachs when they were younger with one being for consuming regular food, and the other for enjoying dessert.
- In 2021, she appeared in 3 episodes of Good Morning America.
- Michelle was the presenter of the American Music Awards of 2021.
- She has worked at Echo Park Elementary School in Burnsville, Minnesota as a 5th-grade teacher. Before that, she was working at Normandale Hills Elementary School in Bloomington as a 4th-grade teacher.
- In March 2022, she was announced as the co-host of the Bachelor Happy Hour with Becca Kufrin.
Featured Image by Michelle Young / Instagram