|Matteo Arnaldi Quick Info
|6 ft 1 in
|Date of Birth
|February 22, 2001
Matteo Arnaldi is an Italian professional tennis player who is adept at the singles format of the sport having been rated as high as world number 41 in January 2024 as per the official ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals – the governing body of men’s professional tennis) rankings. At Grand Slam (Australian Open/French Open/Wimbledon Championships/US Open) tournaments, in the singles format, as of January 2024, his best performance was reaching the 4th round of the 2023 US Open. Matteo was a key member of the Italian squad that won the prestigious Davis Cup (the premier international team event in men’s tennis) in 2023. It was the 111th edition of the tournament and just the 2nd time that Italy had lifted this trophy. The first such instance was in 1976. He also won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2022 Mediterranean Games (a quadrennial event for athletes from countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea in Africa, Asia, and Europe) in the men’s doubles event.
Sanremo, Liguria, Italy
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Matteo, after his high school graduation, joined the University of Turin, a public research university in Turin, an important business and cultural center in Northern Italy. He majored in economics and finance there.
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Fabrizio Arnaldi (Banking Executive)
- Mother – Silvia Napolitano
- Siblings – Sofia Arnaldi (Younger Sister)
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matteo has dated –
- Mia Savio (2023-Present) – Matteo made his relationship with Australian tennis player Mia Savio public in January 2023. He had first met Mia, whose father is Italian, while she was attending a university in Perugia, Umbria, Italy. In September 2023, the pair moved into a swanky apartment building in Monte Carlo, Monaco.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
- Toned physique
- Slightly overgrown, side-parted hair
- Cheerful smile
- Clean-shaven look
- Has a mole near his nose
He has been sponsored by –
- Le Coq Sportif (French sports equipment manufacturing company)
- Head Sport GmbH (American-Austrian sports equipment manufacturing company)
Matteo Arnaldi Facts
- Matteo first came into the spotlight in April 2023 when he defeated 3rd seed and then world number 4 Casper Ruud in straight sets in the 2nd round of the Madrid Open – an ATP Masters 1000 event. This was his career’s first win against a player ranked in the ‘Top 10’ of the official ATP singles rankings.
- The result also meant that he had reached the 3rd round of an ATP Masters 1000 (an annual series of 9 prestigious tournaments featuring the top-ranked players on the ATP Tour (a worldwide top-tier tennis tour organized by the ATP)) event for the first time in his career. Consequently, he broke into the ‘Top 100’ of the official ATP singles rankings at the end of the tournament.
- Matteo broke into the ‘Top 50’ of the official ATP singles rankings in September 2023 after reaching the 4th round of the 2023 US Open. It was his then-best performance in the singles format of a Grand Slam (Australian Open/French Open/Wimbledon Championships/US Open) tournament. During the 2023 US Open, he had upset 16th seed Cameron Norrie in the 3rd round.
Featured Image by Matteo Arnaldi / Instagram