|Matthew Bellamy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 9, 1978|
Matthew James Bellamy
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England, UK
At the age of 11, Matt Bellamy started attending Teignmouth Community College in Teignmouth, Devon.
He also went to Coombeshead Academy in Newton Abbot, Devon.
In September 2008, he was honored with an honorary doctorate degree from University of Plymouth due to his contribution in the field of music.
Singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, composer, record producer
- Father – George Bellamy (Musician, band member of instrumental band The Tornados)
- Mother – Marilyn Bellamy
- Siblings – Paul Bellamy (Older Brother)
Matthew Bellamy’s media manager is Tom Kirk, who also manages the Muse group.
Alternative rock, progressive rock, hard rock, space rock, art rock, electronica
Vocals, guitar, piano, keyboards
Warner Bros., Mushroom, East West Records, Helium 3, Taste
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
66 kg or 145½ pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matt Bellamy dated –
- Gaia Polloni (2000-2009) – Matthew Bellamy met Italian psychologist Gaia Polloni in 2000 and they were in a relationship for nine years. The two were engaged during this time but called off their engagement in 2009.
- Sophia Bloxam (2009-2010) – Bellamy and Canadian model Sophia Bloxam started dating in November 2009. Their relationship only lasted for 5 months and they broke up in April 2010.
- Kate Hudson (2010-2014) – Matt and American actress Kate Hudson started dating in the spring of 2010. The two got engaged in April 2011 and their son Bingham Hawn Bellamy was born in Los Angeles in July 2011. The couple separated in December 2014.
- Elle Evans (2015-Present) – He has been in a relationship with model and actress Elle Evans since February 2015. They are often seen together at award functions and other public appearances. The actress was seen in the music video of Mercy which is a track from Muse band’s Drones album.
Race / Ethnicity
- Spikey hairstyle that he supports quite often.
- Using custom built Manson guitars that are called ‘Mattocaster’ for his live concerts.
- He often uses falsetto and vibrato while singing songs including Showbiz, Micro Cuts, and Supermassive Black Hole.
- He has an eccentric persona on stage.
9 (US) or 8 (UK)
Best Known For
Being the lead singer of Muse, a rock band. He is also the main songwriter and the lead guitarist of the group.
First Musical Appearance
In June 1991, he gave his first performance as a musician at the age of 12. He played the piano during a school event at Teignmouth Community College.
The first song written by him was Small Minded at the age of 15. The song gave a message about people with narrow-minded attitude and how there was a need to break ideals.
The first album that he released was Showbiz as a part of the Muse band in 1999. This was then followed by Origin of Symmetry in 2001, which was a huge hit.
First TV Show
His first television show was I’m in a Rock ‘n’ Roll Band in 2010 where he played the role as a guitarist.
Matthew Bellamy Favorite Things
- Artist – Tom Waits
- Band – Queens
- Drink – Red Wine
- Fruit – Banana
- Car – 1962 blue Ford Thunderbird
Source – IMDb, MuseWiki.org
Matthew Bellamy Facts
- As a child, he played the clarinet in school.
- Muse band consists of members Matt Bellamy, Chris Wolstenholme, and Dominic Howard.
- Matthew bagged the Best Live Act award at the Brit Awards in 2005 and then again in 2007.
- The 50 Greatest Guitarists Ever list by Gigwise ranked him at no. 19.
- The readers of Total Guitar placed him on no. 29 on the Top 100 Guitarists of All Time list.
- He was voted as the 14th Greatest Rock ‘n’ roll Hero of all time by NME Magazine. He outperformed maestros like John Lennon and Bob Dylan.
- The Sexiest Male Award was won by Matt during NME Awards in 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, and 2014.
- All the Muse band members were awarded an honorary doctorate degree in Arts by the University of Plymouth on September 26, 2008, for their contributions in the music field.
- In 2010, Bellamy made it to the Guinness Book of World Records for smashing the highest number of guitars during a music tour. The record of 140 smashes was set during the Absolution Tour.
- He is amongst the characters in the Guitar Hero 5 video game along with Plug in Baby song.
- He is a co-writer of the end credits in The International (2009) movie.
- He was a featured contributor for New Zealand singer Kimbra‘s The Golden Echo album in April 2014.
- A survey conducted by BBC Radio 6 in 2010 placed Matt at the third spot among the best guitarists in the last 30 years.
- Before every show, he utilizes an electric foot massager to treat nervousness and help him in getting rid of jet lag.
- Matt has named his two cats Kim and Kanye after rapper Kanye West met him backstage and could not talk about anything but t-shirts.
- Bellamy and his ex-fiancee Kate Hudson together run a wine business with the name of Hudson Bellamy Wines.