|Matthew Cowles Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 28, 1944|
Matthew Cowles was an American actor and playwright who was best remembered for playing bad guy Billy Clyde Tuggle in ABC’s All My Children (1977–1980, 1984, 1989-1990, 2013). Additionally, he had also worked in shows like Law & Order: SVU (2008), Oz (2003), Life on Mars (2008-2009), and the 2010 film Shutter Island.
Matthew Chandler Cowles
Matthew was born on September 28, 1944.
Matthew died from congestive heart failure on May 22, 2014, in Connecticut. He was 69 years old at that time.
New York City, New York, United States
- Father – Chandler Cowles (Actor, Producer)
- Mother – Katherine Drexel Henry
- Others – Geoffrey Hellman (Stepfather)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matthew Cowles had dated –
- Kathleen Dezina – His first marriage was to actress Kathleen Dezina, who played Estelle Tuggle on All My Children, in 1980. However, the couple soon filed for divorce.
- Christine Baranski (1982-2014) – Matthew and actress/singer Christine Baranski tied the knot on October 15, 1983. Their daughters Isabel Cowles and Lily Cowles were born in 1984 and 1987 respectively. They were together until his death in 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
Often sported a horseshoe mustache
Matthew Cowles Facts
- He was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award for ‘Outstanding Actor in a Daytime Drama Series’ in 1978 for his villainous turn as Billy Clyde Tuggle in All My Children. His 2nd nomination for the same role came in 1981 in the ‘Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Daytime Drama Series’ category.
- Matthew was an avid motorcyclist. His beloved BMW motorcycle was named ‘Lucifer’.
- Matthew and his wife brought up their daughters without any access to television at home.
- He was deeply religious and would often teach religious sermons at the Church of the Nativity in his hometown, Connecticut.
Featured Image by Deadline Hollywood / Pinterest