|Matthew Lewis Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||June 27, 1989|
Matthew Lewis is an English actor best known for playing the role of fictional character Neville Longbottom in the Harry Potter film series. He has also been featured in several other films and TV series like Me Before You, Wasteland, and The Syndicate. He has a huge social media fan base with over 2 million followers on Instagram and more than 1.7 million followers on Twitter.
Matthew David Lewis
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Matthew studied at St Mary’s Catholic High School in Menston, England.
- Father – Adrian Lewis
- Mother – Lynda Needham
- Siblings – Chris Lewis (Older Brother) (Editor), Anthony Lewis (Older Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Bernard Needham (Maternal Grandfather), Rose A. McCarron (Maternal Grandmother)
Matthew is represented by –
- Authentic Talent and Literary Management
- Curtis Brown Group Ltd.
6 ft or 183 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matthew has dated –
- Angela Jones (2016-Present) – American actress Angela Jones and Matthew had been in a long-distance relationship for a couple of months since they met in Orlando, Florida in 2016. Matthew proposed to her in the month of July and the two began to fly back and forth to see each other and to get to know more about each other. Later, in 2018, the couple got married and made the announcement through Twitter.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish, English, and possibly Welsh descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
Matthew has endorsed several brands such as Acura and Pimm’s.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Neville Longbottom in the Harry Potter series
- Appearing in the comedy-drama series Bluestone 42 (2014-2015)
Matthew made his debut film appearance as Neville Longbottom in the fantasy-adventure movie Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (released as Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone in India and U.S.) in 2001.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Davy Plessey in the crime drama series Dalziel and Pascoe in 1996.
His fitness advisor is Jason Davidson. In order to maintain his physique, Matthew hits the gym quite often and focuses mainly on his upper body.
For his diet, he does not restrict himself from the leisure of eating whatever that he wants to.
Matthew Lewis Favorite Things
- Football Team – Leeds United
- Color – Blue
- Pizza Topping – Pepperoni
- Fruit – Apple
- Sport – Rugby
- Alcoholic Beverage – Gin
- Word – Bell-end
- City – New York
- Joke – The price of Velcro’s going up
- Binge-Watch Show – Star Trek
- Emoji – Thumbs Up
Matthew Lewis Facts
- Matthew was brought up in the small town of Horsforth in West Yorkshire.
- He has been acting since he was 5 years old.
- He prefers dogs over cats.
- Matthew has a phobia of spiders.
- His pet peeve is when a little tea is left at the bottom of the flask.
- Matthew is the vice president of the Leeds Rhinos Foundation.
- For his first ever audition, which was held in Leeds, for the role of Neville in the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, Matthew stood in line for 5 hours before getting his audition number which was 463.
- He enjoys playing football, cricket, rugby, and various computer games.
- He once stole his ‘Neville’ outfit from the last Harry Potter film set.
- The art of acting developed naturally in Matthew as he had never been to any acting school.
- Between 2004 and 2005, Matthew made a special guest appearance at the Armageddon Sci-Fi and Comics Convention as a Harry Potter guest in Auckland, New Zealand.
- After Matthew read the first Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, he began to wear attires just as Harry did to imitate his character.
- Matthew is a big fan of the American drama series Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- While filming on the sets of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, actress Helena Bonham Carter, who played the infamous role of “Bellatrix Lestrange”, ruptured Matthew’s eardrum with her wand when she unintentionally stuck it in his ear.
- Follow Matthew Lewis on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Matthew Lewis / Instagram