|Maurice Gibb Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 22, 1949|
|Date of Death||January 12, 2003|
Maurice Gibb was a British musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, and actor who gained acclaim as a member of the brotherly music group named Bee Gees, one of the best-selling music artists of all time. After the Beatles and the Supremes, the band became the 3rd most successful band in Billboard charts history and the group’s name was retired after 45 years of activity after Maurice’s sudden death.
Maurice Ernest Gibb
The Quiet One, Mo, Moby
He was born on December 22, 1949.
On January 12, 2003, he passed away due to complications of a twisted intestine at the age of 53 at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, Florida, United States.
Douglas, Isle of Man
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Actor
- Father – Hugh Leslie Gibb (Musician, Drummer, Bandleader, Delivery Man, Photographer)
- Mother – Barbara (née Pass)
- Siblings – Barry Gibb (Older Brother) (Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer), Robin Gibb (35-minute Older Fraternal Twin Brother) (Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer), Andy Gibb (Younger Brother) (Singer, Songwriter) (Died at the age of 30), Lesley (Older Sister)
- Others – Hugh Gibb (Paternal Grandfather), Edith Yardley (Paternal Grandmother), Ernest Pass (Maternal Grandfather), Nora Lynch (Maternal Grandmother), Peta (Niece), Stephen (Nephew) (Musician), Ashley (Nephew), Travis (Nephew), Michael (Nephew), Alexandra (Niece), Spencer (Nephew) (Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Actor), Melissa (Niece), Robin-John (Nephew), Snow Evelyn Robin Juliet Gibb (Niece)
Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Keyboards, Percussion, Drums
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Maurice Gibb had dated –
- Lulu (1969-1973) – He married Scottish singer, actress, television personality, and businesswoman Lulu on February 18, 1969, but they eventually divorced in 1973. He later commented that “we didn’t have any responsibilities, we’d just party.”
- Barbara Windsor (1970) – He hooked up with English actress Barbara Windsor in 1970.
- Yvonne Spenceley (1975-2003) – On October 17, 1975, he got married to his 2nd wife Yvonne Spenceley and the duo remained married until his death. They had 2 children – son Adam Gibb (b. February 23, 1976) and daughter Samantha Gibb (b. July 2, 1980).
Race / Ethnicity
Maurice Gibb was of English, Irish, and Scottish descent.
- Receding hairline
- Wore a hat
Maurice Gibb Favorite Things
- Drink – Scotch and Coke
Source – Wikipedia
Maurice Gibb Facts
- His first name is pronounced “Morris”.
- With the Bee Gees, he released the band’s debut studio album, The Bee Gees Sing and Play 14 Barry Gibb Songs, in November 1965.
- Some of Maurice’s influences included the Everly Brothers, Cliff Richard, Paul Anka, the Mills Brothers, and the Beatles.
- In 1978, he made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Bob Henderson in the musical comedy film, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.
- As a member of the Bee Gees, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1997.
- Maurice Gibb once said that he had “battled the booze” since the 1970s.
- He was awarded a CBE, or Commander of the Order of British Empire, by Queen Elizabeth II in the New Year’s Eve Honors List 2001.
Featured Image by Marccessna / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0