|MC Breed Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||June 12, 1971|
|Date of Death||November 22, 2008|
MC Breed was an American rapper and musician who is known as the first commercially successful rapper from the Midwest. His discography included multiple albums like 20 Below, The New Breed, To Da Beat Ch’all, Funkafied, Big Baller, The Fharmacist, Rare Breed, The New Prescription, It’s All Good, Flatline, 2 for the Show, The Best of Breed, Chopped and Screwed, and Saucy, Vol. One.
Eric Tyrone Breed
MC Breed, Breed
He was born on June 12, 1971.
On November 22, 2008, MC Breed died of kidney failure at the age of 37 in Ypsilanti, Michigan, United States.
Flint, Genesee County, Michigan, United States
- Father – Roy LeEster
- Mother – Willie Breed
- Siblings – Pete Breed (Brother), Kevin Breed (Brother), Bridgette Breed (Sister)
SDEG, Wrap, Ichiban Records, Power, Fharmacy, Urban Music Zone, Psychopathic Records
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Note – MC Breed fathered children named Kiara Monique, Erica Ariel, Alexis Cymone, Marco Chene, and Eric Jalen.
Race / Ethnicity
MC Breed Facts
- On May 12, 1992, MC Breed released his debut solo studio album titled 20 Below and it included songs like Life of a Flintstone, Shout Out, Little Child Runnin’ Wild, Flash’s Groove, Be Myself (ft. Chuck Nyce), Great Depression, No Frontin’ Allowed, and Dis Mode. The album peaked at #6 on the US Heatseekers Albums (Billboard) chart, at #40 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart, and at #155 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- His 3rd solo studio album titled Funkafied was released on June 7, 1994, and it peaked at #9 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and at #106 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- In 1999, MC Breed released his 7th solo studio album It’s All Good and it features guest appearances from artists like Tupac Shakur, DFC, Too $hort, Pimp C, Mr. Ku, Kurupt, and Jazze Pha. The album peaked at #41 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart.
- His 9th and final album The New Prescription was released on August 24, 2004, and it consists of tracks like Breed (Let Me Hear Ya Say!), Rap Game, Truth, Outta My Mind, One Two, For the People, Popcorn Popper, Roll (ft. Esham), and I’m 2 Dope.
- For violating probation in failure to pay over $200,000 in child support, MC Breed was sentenced to 1 year in prison on May 11, 2006.
- He was arrested in Flint, Michigan on April 3, 2008, following an in-store autograph signing session. The arrest was made on warrants for about $220,000 in unpaid child support.
- During a game of pickup basketball, MC Breed collapsed due to kidney failure and was hospitalized and placed on life support on September 5, 2008. He later died in his sleep while at a friend’s home.
- According to MLive.com, MC Breed recorded his last song Everyday I Wait (ft. Outlawz) just 2 days before his sudden death.
Featured Image by officialmcbreed / Instagram