|Shelley Hennig Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 2, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Shelley Catherine Hennig
Metairie, Louisiana, USA
Shelley shared on social media that the amount of traveling she does makes her a “tourist in her own bed.”
She has to spend the maximum time of the year in Los Angeles, California owing to work.
Shelley studied at Destrehan High School where she graduated as a student with academic excellence. Dancing was a serious extra-curricular activity that won her many competitions and awards.
After winning a beauty contest, she was offered a one-year modeling contract with Trump Modeling Management and a scholarship to study at The New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts.
As a titleholder, Shelley got to travel widely with the then Miss Universe and Miss USA and work for several charities such as Seeds of Peace, D.A.R.E., Sparrow Clubs and SHiNE.
Dancer, Model, Actress
- Father – Glenn H. Hennig Sr.
- Mother – Cathy Distefano Gosse
- Siblings – Glenn H. Hennig Jr. (Older Brother), Brad Joseph Hennig (Older Brother) (Expired in 2001 due to drunk driving)
- Others – Wayne Gosset (Stepfather)
She is signed with these agencies –
- Alchemy Entertainment, Los Angeles, California
- Stone Meyer & Genow LLP, Beverly Hills, California
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shelley has dated –
- Jay Kenneth Johnson (2007–2012) – Shelley met actor Jay on the sets of Days of Our Lives and dated him for nearly five years. Her association with Jay is perhaps the only confirmed relationship she formerly had.
- Thomas Dekker (2012) – She was RUMORed to be dating The Secret Circle co-star, Thomas Dekker in February 2012.
- Ben Mckenzie (2013) – She was then RUMORed to be dating Gotham star Ben Mckenzie in September 2013 after getting spotted on a date.
Race / Ethnicity
Shelley’s father has German, Swiss-German, Scottish, and English ancestry whereas her mom is Italian.
- Tall with long legs
- Almond-shaped deep set eyes
- Symmetrical facial features
33-26-35 in or 84-66-89 cm
4 (US) or 8 (UK) or 34 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 5 (UK) or 38 (EU)
Her past advertising work includes –
Best Known For
- Playing Malia Tate on MTV supernatural series Teen Wolf.
- Had a contract to appear as Stephanie Johnson on the daily soap Days of Our Lives.
Shelley was cast as Blaire in a horror mystery called Unfriended (2014).
First TV Show
She was signed up for a recurring role of Stephanie Johnson on Days of Our Lives in 2007. Until now, she has appeared in more than 450 episodes.
- Shelley told Soap Opera Digest that she swears by an hour’s Cardio Barre exercise class 4-5 times a week to maintain her long, lean limbs.
- She has a very healthy appetite and can eat a lot of food in a single sitting which makes it imperative for her to exercise regularly considering her job depends upon her fitness.
Shelley Hennig Favorite Things
- TV Show – The Office (2005-2013), Gossip Girl (2007-2012)
- Song – I will always love you by Whitney Houston (1992)
- Band – Bootstraps formed by Jordan Beckett
- Movie – Closer (2004), Love Story (1970)
- Word – Swear word, F***
- Beer – Budweiser / Bud Light
- Liquor – Bourbon
- Food – Sandwiches and fries
Shelley Hennig Facts
- While in school, Shelley was a good student. She enjoyed studying English Literature the most and hated Algebra.
- She told Seventeen magazine that she used to dance more hours than the time spent at school and a dance academy called Dance Unlimited was her second home.
- She is also an avid writer and two of her poems were published in the Young Authors Book of Poetry.
- At the age of 16, Shelley won Miss Louisiana 2004 (in November 2003).
- She is the first girl from her home state to win Miss Teen USA in August 2004.
- She claims to be the fastest typist in her school who was obsessed with memorizing and using correct spellings.
- Shelley is low maintenance when it comes to styling and dressing up.
- She participated in MTV’s The Reality Show to compete for her own show but was eliminated early in the competition.
- Had she not made it as an actress, she was confident that her vocation would have been to be a backup dancer for the stars.
- Shelley associated with the Council on Alcohol and Drug (C.A.D.A) to educate the youth about the consequences of alcohol / drug abuse and underage driving after she lost her older brother to drunk driving.
- For her first job, Shelley replaced a red-head actress as Stephanie Johnson on Days of our Lives which did not go down well with the fans of the show. She had to face a lot of hate at fan events for a long time.
- Shelley is a close friend of Tami Farrell who preceded her as Miss Teen USA 2003.
- She intentionally discloses nothing more than a superficial part of her life on her social media accounts because if she started venting out all her thoughts, Shelley thinks her dark sense of humor will probably get her accounts deleted.